whom here would like to ally all fallout 4 factions i think its possible

howiebabey

This is going to be a very long topic so please be patient . Whom here would like to ally Brotherhood of steel, Rail Road Minutemen and institute while also not nuking institute base and also keeping father alive ? The idea Sounds a bit far fetched but I believe it's possible with some mods and bit of work. I seen some people post about this idea so I know there is some interest in it.

With that in mind decided to try and get the ball rolling. First step The Danse Dilemma (pka Face Maxson etc.) mod This one allows you to challenge maxson when you reach the blind betrayal quest and restore a cut ending and yes keep danse alive also. So you can ally bos rail road and minute men with 1 mod SIMPLE.

Step 2 the mod Institute - Alternate End and Restoration

. This allows you to Avoid nuking the institute and still have an ending. As for the ending sequence a message pops up when sole survivor reaches the nuke button. The institute realizing they are defeated sends a message to your pip boy saying. We have agreed to let you be our new leader if you dont nuke our base we await your response?

Next clean up all the bodies make everyone friendly set everyone as ally. I would like to see a way to keep X688 alive. Then remove the war head & the war hear switch & the nuke inside the base.

Then make the Father Companion - Alternate Ending Option mod would needs to be compatible with the other mods mentioned This allows mod father to survive and thus make you the next leader of the institute by fathers choice to make the script make more sense and immersive and a much better ending I might add.

Now I dont think it would be a terrible idea to make this an esl file but that is just me. Now i wonder if this could be done with a few patches or plug in ideally make it esl so it wont count as a mod in your load order.

Then i believe everything is good. All that is a mod author to do the work. I'm a former console guy so that is way out of my turf for making such a mod. Look I know this would be alot of work and this will likely fail but at least I spoke up and put some thought into this and typed all this out . Bare in mind I am being respectful so please respect me. If you disagree fine we all like what we like peace.

I would generally also like such an ending. The problem is, the brotherhood is vehemently against the creation and existence of synths. The Railroad is for their existence and for them to have human rights. The Institute is for them to exist... and not have human rights and just act as infiltrators and slaves. These are very difficult ideologies to reconcile.

So I guess the question is, what is your proposal from a story standpoint, rather than a mechanical one? I can very easily ally the factions, that's like 4 lines of code. But what's the justification?
My original concept was to either have the player rule each faction tyrannically(with implications of future uprising from the factions) or perhaps to have the playr convince all the upper echelons of the different factions besides the leaders and then in meetings with the leaders utilize the people you've convinced to sway the leader, but that requires a lot of dialogue and probably quite a few new quests. Dialogue in the game is another issue, since it's voiced.

Count me in as someone who would like to see this at least. I never finished this game precisely because all endings suck.

The institute exists, and EVERYBODY says "why aren't they using their powers for good" -- well, why not make them use their powers for good, to literally heal the world and feed everyone. Everybody just chilling, including wildlife (no need to eat each other when custom tailored nutripellets taste so much better), making art and music like in some kind of Star Trek TNG episode :tongue:

(I have to think of Wall-E... that could be the dark undertone or sequel in this utopia, turns out having no conflict, ever, turns everybody into kinda pathetic creatures, so s*** has to be stirred up, and the cycle repeats haha)

edit: IMO The other factions are kinda irrelevant in so far as the mere possibility of stopping something so advanced is just so there can be a Bethesda game, in reality they can teleport, are hermetically sealed off and require nothing of a polluted outside world, they just could nuke the whole world and ride it out forever.

But if they had a *true* change of heart, which the player would be in unique position to bring about, seeing they're the parent of Shaun, and just kept steady at helping people in ways that would make Preston Garvey seem like a kid offering a can of peas next to a shipping port bring in tons of fresh produce every single day. Yeah, some blowhards would keep mumbling about this or that, but day one many people would plain not listen to them, but their growling stomach, and since the Institute had a *real* change of heart, with lasting, edifying results, that would have a snowball effect and bring in more people who become open to them. Quickly the naysayers are in the minority, and the rest can just live freely as they want, where they want on the surface, in splendid health with everything they need, turning wasteland into lush meadows and forests, with crystal clear springs -- while some people snarl at them from the undergrowth.

I actually do think that's roughly what would realistically happen if you take the tech and remove the "people acting dumb so there can be a movie" people.

Edited by NeinGaming

Dialogue in the game is another issue, since it's voiced.

No dialogue. People just look at each other solemnly as triumphant music swells and the camera switches back and forth, then they nod. You don't need to SAY "here is food" or "here, I fixed your house", just do it (which of course is half tongue in cheek in regards to a mod, because that would require fixing the whole commonwealth, but then again, how awesome would that be, imagine!)

The Railroad, and BoS have diametrically opposed goals, that's gonna be hard to reconcile. BoS is also going to take serious issue with the Institute... as in their view, they are most certainly abusing technology. Minutemen, and BoS could conceivably get along, but, given the BoS members attitude toward anything that ISN'T BoS...... I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ok i dont have l the answers again i came up with all i can at this point but if ur leader of bos the boss do as ur wish ur the boss and it is a cut ending but again core thing institute says ok were gona be nuked lets make peace. Now the rule equal race alliance era wanna be good with us respect all life. Otherwise we leave you alone leave settlements alone

The Railroad, and BoS have diametrically opposed goals, that's gonna be hard to reconcile. BoS is also going to take serious issue with the Institute... as in their view, they are most certainly abusing technology. Minutemen, and BoS could conceivably get along, but, given the BoS members attitude toward anything that ISN'T BoS...... I wouldn't hold my breath.

I would generally also like such an ending. The problem is, the brotherhood is vehemently against the creation and existence of synths. The Railroad is for their existence and for them to have human rights. The Institute is for them to exist... and not have human rights and just act as infiltrators and slaves. These are very difficult ideologies to reconcile.

So I guess the question is, what is your proposal from a story standpoint, rather than a mechanical one? I can very easily ally the factions, that's like 4 lines of code. But what's the justification?
My original concept was to either have the player rule each faction tyrannically(with implications of future uprising from the factions) or perhaps to have the playr convince all the upper echelons of the different factions besides the leaders and then in meetings with the leaders utilize the people you've convinced to sway the leader, but that requires a lot of dialogue and probably quite a few new quests. Dialogue in the game is another issue, since it's voiced.

Ok i dont have l the answers again i came up with all i can at this point but if ur leader of bos the boss do as ur wish ur the boss and it is a cut ending but again core thing institute says ok were gona be nuked lets make peace. Now the rule equal race alliance era wanna be good with us respect all life. Otherwise we leave you alone leave settlements alone

My original concept was to either have the player rule each faction tyrannically(with implications of future uprising from the factions) or perhaps to have the playr convince all the upper echelons of the different factions besides the leaders and then in meetings with the leaders utilize the people you've convinced to sway the leader, but that requires a lot of dialogue and probably quite a few new quests. Dialogue in the game is another issue, since it's voiced

allow rail road to do as they wish and institute knows they lost the war and father names u his their y boss and its an uneasy peace

Dialogue in the game is another issue, since it's voiced.

No dialogue. People just look at each other solemnly as triumphant music swells and the camera switches back and forth, then they nod. You don't need to SAY "here is food" or "here, I fixed your house", just do it (which of course is half tongue in cheek in regards to a mod, because that would require fixing the whole commonwealth, but then again, how awesome would that be, imagine!)

I dont have all the answers and i dont claim but i want to get the ball rolling

The Railroad, and BoS have diametrically opposed goals, that's gonna be hard to reconcile. BoS is also going to take serious issue with the Institute... as in their view, they are most certainly abusing technology. Minutemen, and BoS could conceivably get along, but, given the BoS members attitude toward anything that ISN'T BoS...... I wouldn'rol u tall rail road better ally then enemy

right but ur the boss of the bos u tell rail road this lets be allies instead of enemies work together and u agree with rail road yeah u can re-form the bos like maxson did cept not be a racist pig . Father does name u as an their father tells all and u proved u can fight but synths are allies not property but still help them grow and humans are equals too extent to death claw all races era baby .

My original concept was to either have the player rule each faction tyrannically(with implications of future uprising from the factions) or perhaps to have the playr convince all the upper echelons of the different factions besides the leaders and then in meetings with the leaders utilize the people you've convinced to sway the leader, but that requires a lot of dialogue and probably quite a few new quests. Dialogue in the game is another issue, since it's voiced

allow rail road to do as they wish and institute knows they lost the war and father names u his their y boss and its an uneasy peace

u got father naming u as his heir u got some diallage father secret serum look at mod u got the nuke button slap on a message institute surrenders they will do as u wish and recognize u as their leader