Crowdsourcing mod conflicts

casterlyrockn

As much as I'd wanna spend most of my time modding games, other important stuff has taken time away from it and I am left with so little time to mod anymore. There are times it can take months before I am actually able to even go back to modding. With mods becoming more complex and start to cover multiple changes, I believe being able to crowdsource them would be a solution.

So I'm thinking of creating a way to directly tag mod conflicts from Vortex without the need to install the conflicting mod. There are conflicts being commented by users on mod pages which can save a modder a lot of time, especially for large mods which can cover multiple changes and these conflicts are buried in the comment section there is no way of being able to remember them. I for one really take my time reading about the mod i'm about to install and while its easy to take note of the conflicts users experience, why not take advantage of this and allow other users pitch in.

Basically it works like this.

1. User is reading the comments on a mod and sees that a particular mod conflicts with the mod they plan to install.
  2. User installs the mod.
  3. On Vortex user enters the mod id and/or file id of the conflicting mod.
  4. When a mod is marked enough number of times it is accepted as a mod conflict.
  5. When a different user installs the same mod, Vortex already knows which mods to look out for.
  6. So when a conflicting mod is installed. Vortex will notify the user of the conflict.

As much as I'd wanna spend most of my time modding games, other important stuff has taken time away from it and I am left with so little time to mod anymore. There are times it can take months before I am actually able to even go back to modding. With mods becoming more complex and start to cover multiple changes, I believe being able to crowdsource them would be a solution.

So I'm thinking of creating a way to directly tag mod conflicts from Vortex without the need to install the conflicting mod. There are conflicts being commented by users on mod pages which can save a modder a lot of time, especially for large mods which can cover multiple changes and these conflicts are buried in the comment section there is no way of being able to remember them. I for one really take my time reading about the mod i'm about to install and while its easy to take note of the conflicts users experience, why not take advantage of this and allow other users pitch in.

1. User is reading the comments on a mod and sees that a particular mod conflicts with the mod they plan to install.
  4. When a mod is marked enough number of times it is accepted as a mod conflict.
  5. When a different user installs the same mod, Vortex already knows which mods to look out for.
  6. So when a conflicting mod is installed. Vortex will notify the user of the conflict.

YOu mean for Mods for games like Skyrim, where in Vortex you right click on the mod and select "See on ModMapper" from the right-click menu and it brings you to a website that shows you which mods change that specific area of the map and which mods they conflict with?

YOu mean for Mods for games like Skyrim, where in Vortex you right click on the mod and select "See on ModMapper" from the right-click menu and it brings you to a website that shows you which mods change that specific area of the map and which mods they conflict with?

Yeah something like that. But now lets include all the other mods for other games that's available on Nexus. Starting with Fallout 4.