Is it possible? A LOW resolution texture pack?

StealthBeast

High resolution texture packs aren't a rare concept; Almost every mod-able game has them... They also usually have things such as low res texture and low poly count packs.

While a low poly pack is not reasonably possible, I'm under the impression that a low resolution texture pack would be just short of effortless. Wouldn't it be as easy as snatching the textures for the game, and lowering all of their resolutions in one big batch? Is that even possible (i.e. lowering all the textures in a batch at once)? Are there any roadblocks I'm not thinking of?

Even if not undertaken by someone here, I'd like to know whether or not it's technically possible?

• 3 weeks later...

If you want low res texture just use the default ones. There usually not that high res anyway

The implication is that I am already using the default textures, and that I am attempting to micromanage resources for even greater performance. I'm a Twitch.tv streamer operating on a relatively low end PC. I have done some very creative stuff to lower the strain on my system. This is just another step.

• 4 years later...