Modesty Mod

zihark7

Yea, that's possible, set the main texture of the creature to a seethrough value, and it's basically not there. The desire demon is the only creature i know of that actually has a mod that makes it look seriously nude because of the way its texture is already set up and modeled, you could retexture fake clothes but they would look, skintight (because it IS skin), my personal choice would be to just retexture the middle and lower sections to a seethrough value making a floating stomack legs, and head. lol

I'd mess with it myself and make a guide, but i'm borrowing my grandparent's laptop, on thanksgiving vacation out of state, but if no1 makes one before i get back (about 5 days) i'll make one for ya'll.

As for removing it that's a bigger pain then replacing the root files, cause it would break the sections they used in the questline, and you'd have to fix each quests individually. Possible yes, bothersome? even more so. However if some1 wants to take the time they could replace the desire demon with an already clothed npc that does the exact same things, i vote we use morrigan's model for all of those pesky demons >.>

*thnx for the idea, gives me something to mess with when i get home*

Zephyre12, thank you so much. I truly appreciate it. If the thread's author ever comes back... I'm sure he will too. :happy:

The seethrough values should be sufficient. A floating head/stomach/legs would be totally hilarious, but it'll work for me.

I have two more questions: is it possible to disable certain cutscenes? (e.g. the "sex" scenes). And are there any ways to, in a sense, "get rid" of the brothel? Or would I just have to avoid both of these when playing the game (which I know is possible, whereas it's impossible to avoid the Desire Demon)? I'm unfamiliar with how the brothel is integrated into the game (for a good reason, lol), so I don't know, maybe disabling sex scenes would help with that as well.

To remove specific cutscenes in many games, one would just go into the settings (usually an .ini file) and set a value to 0. Most cutscenes I know of being disabled (that way, or through a mod) are the intros, so I'm unsure whether it would work for a specific cutscene in the middle of the game. Am I making any sense?

Again, thanks for being willing to help. And don't feel too rushed. I'm patient. Usually. :whistling:

EDIT:

I also remembered another thing... there's a Dryad (she appears with Werewolves in a few trailers) that is about as well clothed as the Desire Demon. Would it be too much trouble to use the same seethrough method on her?

Reading through this whole topic, I have to wonder why you are playing a game like this at all. I understand the part about adventuring and immersing yourself in new lands, new people, etc, because I do exactly the same, but this game is aimed at a mature audience and the sex and violence are an integral part of it. Several quest lines involve the brothel, so cutting it out would break those - and it's not like you have to use the brothel's other 'services'. You could also choose not to romance anyone, then there would be no sex scene. Or go make some coffee while it's running. If nudity and sex bother you so much, perhaps a different game would suit you better - Morrowind or Oblivion for example, where the only really adult content is mod-added. Both games allow a huge amount of adventuring possibilities without getting too involved in stuff you don't like. Another possible option is Neverwinter Nights 2 - very similar in style to this one, but without the things that bother you so.

It seems to me to be a bit like someone who hates football buying a football game then asking for someone to mod out the football.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or rude, but I do feel that perhaps this is not the best choice of game for you. I don't understand why people have such issues with nudity and sex, but if I was one of those people, I probably wouldn't have bought a game like Dragon Age.

If nudity and sex bother you so much, perhaps a different game would suit you better - Morrowind or Oblivion for example, where the only really adult content is mod-added. Both games allow a huge amount of adventuring possibilities without getting too involved in stuff you don't like. Another possible option is Neverwinter Nights 2 - very similar in style to this one, but without the things that bother you so.

It seems to me to be a bit like someone who hates football buying a football game then asking for someone to mod out the football.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or rude, but I do feel that perhaps this is not the best choice of game for you. I don't understand why people have such issues with nudity and sex, but if I was one of those people, I probably wouldn't have bought a game like Dragon Age.

Fair enough. Let's see if I can explain my reasoning.

(For the record, I DO have both Morrowind and Oblivion, and I was even planning on getting Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 as well.)

I would like to argue that sex is not the central part of Dragon Age, as your football metaphor suggests. I realize major parts of DA are about sex, but it is definitely not central. If I were to use your metaphor, I might say, "Buy a football game and remove one of the benchwarmers." Maybe you view it differently, and I'm okay with that. But I view sex as unnecessary in games and *braces self* immature and dirty. A secondary reason I would like to remove sexual stuff is because I know my younger brothers will be playing this as well.

I bought the game Dragon Age for the story, the fantasy world, and even the battle system. I never buy games for sex. Dragon Age has extremely good ratings, and I hear it's fun. I would like to experience the fun without the sex. I know many people who feel the same--the only thing hindering them from buying the game is the sex. So even if you don't agree, I hope it makes a little sense where I'm coming from.

And please (to future posters as well), don't feel like you have to mother me or decide that DA isn't the best game for me. It's a little condescending--I know you said you weren't trying to be a jerk, but condescending usually comes off that way. I'm an adult and I can make my own decisions, thank you.

You have to know what kind of comments this will draw.

I do know (hence the *braces self* lol). Then again, I knew this sort of thing was bound to happen as soon as I joined in on the thread anyway. It's kind of a lose-win situation... most people online will think I'm insane, but it's all good if the mod comes out of it. :wink:

To call sex "immature and dirty" is yet another reason for people to roll their eyes at this request. The fact that you partly want the sex modded out for the sake of your underage brothers, who you apparently are helpless to prevent from playing this game, is another.

This whole request, and your whole argument, is absurd. Those with unhealthy obsessions with food are the obese, and the anorexic - the people who can handle a suitable amount of food without endangering their health are the normal, adjusted ones. It is a similar situation with sex. The sex addicted and the prudes who desperately avert their eyes from sexual content are the unhealthy, immature ones - NOT those who can accept and enjoy it in moderation, like the amount present in Dragon Age.

lol, im just going to ignore the majority of this page and reply to ur question >.>

Retexturing The Lady of the Forest would take about the same amount of effort as the desire demon, considering i was just gonna edit the base file causing the change everytime it loads up in any quest.

As far as the cutscenes, i've never done anything with those (i hit esc to skip them), so i wouldn't know for SURE but if you ask me you can't just take one out. When it's supposed to go to a romance scene it'll prolly error at the missing file, so you'd have to make something to replace it. (assuming i'm right otherwise you can just take it out)

If your gonna replace it you might as well make it funny :D

*PC*"lets go back to the tent"

*alistair*"certainly"

-goes to cutscene--see alistair scowling-

*alistair*"For the love of--thats the FIFTH time you've beaten me in goldfish!"