Fairly regular instant CTDs - probably memory related.

PresidentDylan5

Could someone please help with stability issues? I recently reinstalled Skyrim, removing a lot of mods I previously had and pretty much keeping the rest the same, including ENB. I just added a couple of small mods that probably don't even have any scripts. However, I seem to get instant CTD (no error) relatively regularly depending on how much I'm travelling. I don't think I could go to Riverwood from Whiterun then up to that bridge with the bandits east of Whiterun without a CTD. My game before, which had a completely broken save and tonnes of weird scripty mods, didn't crash this much although they are instant CTDs like this; that happened after travelling across the map though!

I have run the 4gb patch but I'm not entirely sure if it's working as I run Skyrim through the script extender.

I haven't looked at my ram usage through Skyrim monitor yet.

Mods:

Realvision Performance ENB - Option A

Climates of Tamriel

Realistic Lighting Overhaul

Bunch of textures

Maybe ENBoost isn't working?

PS: I started a new save when I reinstalled.

If you removed a tonne of mods I'd suggest going back to a vanilla Skyrim Install.

HERE: http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Troubleshooting#tab=Restore_Vanilla_Skyrim

Also check out the following link: http://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost

to get enboost going minus the graphical sparkle if you don't care for it :smile:

Edited by vlaka

Oh thanks a lot! I forgot to mention that I am using the SKSE alpha with the memory patch, but I didn't set up the INI at all. I will do that as soon as I can.

Also forgot to say that I did a fresh install (and I did confirm that it was completely frah :)) and thanks but I already use ENBoost and I cannot spare with my precious ENB! :) Like I said I need to confirm that it's working with that monitor program.

The mods you are using use heavy performance, specially enb and HD added textures. Consider using The Skyrim Performance Monitor mod to determine if it is an memory issue or something similar to that.

Also, consider uninstalling the texture mods / ENB you are utilizing and play the game with default textures for a while, play for a long while without them, and see if it crashes.