New Weapon Models You'd Like to See in Game

memocollector

Sounds like Lilarcor :D

I myself would love to see Drizzt's scimitars in DA:O. Is it actually possible for a char to dualwield 2 longswords in game? Every longsword i see has to be equipped in the mainhand :(

You have to max out the dual wield talents for that.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Original Armors and Weapons in the game are an optical joke.

The Swords are way too big and worn at the wrong places.

No weapon in DA:O has the right size compared to the size of the Characters. They are too big and the relation between the hilt and the blade doesn't fit.

The heavy and massive armor can only be worn by a mounted warrior.

So I would, too, like if someone could do better fitting equipment.

You said it brother, - the swords and weapons in this game are incredibly stupid looking, - the armor as well. The blades on these swords are so bizarrely thick, like plastic he-man swords and the things are HUGE. I mean the grips on a *dagger* look like they're five inches in circumference at least. And bows - the first time I equipped one it looked like my character was holding a piece of furniture, not a weapon.....And the armor with its massive pauldrons that again are so thick they look like they were sculpted in tupperware.... and those bizarre fluted gauntlets everyone is wearing.....Shudder.

Who did the art for this game? And I wish someone could tell me why no game character wears a sword at his belt, -- what's with the back mounted weapons? They couldn't even get that right, what with swords standing straight up on a character's back in a most bizarre way, and the shields! Ha I love how they attach to the character models by the ultimate point of their handles....The result is a shield floating half a foot from the character's back....

All Original Armors and Weapons in the game are an optical joke.

The Swords are way too big and worn at the wrong places.

No weapon in DA:O has the right size compared to the size of the Characters. They are too big and the relation between the hilt and the blade doesn't fit.

The heavy and massive armor can only be worn by a mounted warrior.

So I would, too, like if someone could do better fitting equipment.

You said it brother, - the swords and weapons in this game are incredibly stupid looking, - the armor as well. The blades on these swords are so bizarrely thick, like plastic he-man swords and the things are HUGE. I mean the grips on a *dagger* look like they're five inches in circumference at least. And bows - the first time I equipped one it looked like my character was holding a piece of furniture, not a weapon.....And the armor with its massive pauldrons that again are so thick they look like they were sculpted in tupperware.... and those bizarre fluted gauntlets everyone is wearing.....Shudder.

Who did the art for this game? And I wish someone could tell me why no game character wears a sword at his belt, -- what's with the back mounted weapons? They couldn't even get that right, what with swords standing straight up on a character's back in a most bizarre way, and the shields! Ha I love how they attach to the character models by the ultimate point of their handles....The result is a shield floating half a foot from the character's back....

Yeah. I really hope someone out there is working on a stock clothing/armor/weapon mod. The "daggers" are big enough to be swords themselves and the handles are retardedly too thick. The only decent looking thing in this game are morrigan's clothes. It seems like the Devs figured everyone would like to have their characters look generic and boring.

I remember looking at screenshots and wonder why all the characters had nothing but boring and plain looking armor.

It seems like most of the potential modders aren't even bothering with this game because of the toolset and the game itself. I find myself wanting to go back to oblivion more and more, lol.

you know, iv noticed that allot of these game forum weapons idea topics have the suggestion of bringing in pole-arms...

i jus thought it odd that of the dozen or so ive read, none even mentions, oar's, as was an original martial art

as i dont know how to add pics ill just tell yall what to google if ya want decent ideas of what im talking about,

or if interested in trying your hand at making

1. wikipedia, eku

2. image google, baten kaitos gibari (spelling may be ...correct? dang that a first for me)

another thing i noticed is that scythes arnt mentiond as much as one might think, good thing too, cause if you've

ever seen/held a real scythe, youd imeadiatly notice how god awful it would be as a weapon

unless properly modified, though it would then no longer be a scythe

lol.. A scythe would probably be as bad as going around whacking someone with an oar.. Im not being an ass, honest..

Oar's would have started off like most martial arts weapons i.e. peasantry/farmer tools as swords where banned by the kings/emperors/governments of some asian countries.

However and of course this completely down to personal taste, but I my self would prefer to have other medieval weaponry i.e. mainly european style, like morning stars, better maces, spears, halberds (for guards)

And what I would love to see is (although probably never goin to be possible): animated flails! good old spiked ball on a chain

ALSO, anyone here ever played Mount & Blade?

there are Sh*t loads of very authentic looking european (and other) weapons and armour mods for this game, I beleive (again for me) that the best fantasy is the almost (& I use this loosely) beleivable fantasy, both through writting and asthetics.

For example the LOTR films had fantastic asthetics and the books where truly epic, so you were fully immersed in an almost beleivable fantasy world that had a serious eye for detail and distinction.

I would love for some great modders to take inspiration from the moddels available on the taleworlds forums (M&B) and try and re-create some for DAO

Taleworlds Forum

M&B Screens