Would You. Buy A Ps3??

hybrid_snyper

Could You Part With THe Cash  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Rumour has it that the PS3 will cost between ?499 and ?699, would you be prepared to buy one?

• Yes by all means necessary
    • Nah would rather by something else

they banned you, i didn't realize they did that, so i take it they can check to see your system hasn't been modified, that blows.

Well since this is an old thread, and the months since have brought out new info. I will be definitely be getting me a PS3. From what ive seen and read it looks like its going to be one sexy bit of kit. But im just a gadget fiend.

PS3 will have all the franchises i want to play, yes there are a couple of xbox360 games i would like to play but i wouldn't just buy the system for two games (halo & gears), get a shot of mates. You shouldn't judge a console by its hardware, but i think i with the A+ franchises and the cutting edge tech is going to blow the competition out of the water. Games are looking good, and the sixaxis functionality is being fully utilised by many games, Lair looks awesome.

The overall look of the system has grown on me and it is super sleek iw will look better in my living room, than a clunky noisy xbox, touch sensitive buttons is a touch of class.

As for the price, it is still a bargain £450, those nay sayers that go on about sony forcing BD upon is a bad thing, i didn't hear any complaints when they decided to use DVD in the PS2. Yes not everyone has HDTVs but they they will, in the UK its the buzz word and the fact you can pick up a decent sized samsung for under £500 (20" is around £300) then i think people will be glad to have there system capable of pumping out HD images straight out the box. Instead of having to buy a separate component which the core gamer would probably not buy.

Call me a fanboy if you want, but i like gadgets and agmes and the PS3 satisfies my cravings well. Lets just hope when sony say march they mean march.

I will most definitaly not be buying one. For several reasons (some of which others have mentioned):

1. Too pricey

2. I would rather spend the money on my computer upgrades

3. I've never liked consoles

4. I hate the joysticks. Mice are better

5. Staring at the TV for too long is not good for you. Neither is staring at a monitor, but wives tales dont mention computer monitors!

I have a PS2 with no games and I've used it once. It was my dad's and he gave it to me when he got a new one, and all I'm going to do is try to sell it.

I do agree that I have played some good console games that are better on the console than on the computer (Halo mainly). But there are very few.

well thats fair enough some people prefer pcs to consoles i like both. I don't think its pricey at all, its worth it, anyways you end having to spend more than that sort of money to keep your pc running the top games at top specs anyways, so whats the difference? If you like PC then spend your money that way, if you like consoles then buy one. Its up to you

Now, I'm just gonna be extremely frank about this. I will ABSOLUTELY NOT be buying a PS3. Wasting over $600 CDN on something that has absolutely NO innovation whatsoever isn't something I plan to do. I don't give a flying f**k how many so-called "cool" features it may have, it's NOT WORTH IT!

I will be buying an Xbox 360 AND Nintendo Wii (pron. "WEE"), since I've been loyal to Nintendo ever since I got my first NES way back when. And I like the features the Xbox 360 offers. But like I said before, I REFUSE to buy into Sony's cheap trick of a marketing scheme. I never bought into the first PS, I refused to buy a PS2, and I certainly WON't get a PS3. To be really honest with you, I hope the failure of the PS3 will bring about the downfall of Sony Computer Entertainment.

I've hated them from day one >:( , and I'll keep on hating them until either the day they die or the day I die. Anyone who's been fool enough to buy into Sony's lies can be cast down and forgotten. Pull out NOW while you still can, cuz all you're doing is paying for Sony's name. There. I've done my ranting for the day :dry: .

Now, to get off topic, the reason the Xbox 360 got fuggered with backwards compatibilty is simply because of the different graphics processors between the Xbox and Xbox 360. See, the Xbox used a custom nVIDIA chipset, whereas the Xbox 360 uses one made by ATi (a smart move IMESHO). Because the graphics processors interpret image data a little differently, games coded specifically for the Xbox will get fudged on the Xbox 360 (which is why Microsoft is releasing special emulator progs that can be downloaded to the Xbox 360). I also want to point out that these next-gen consoles AREN'T 3rd gen, they're 7th gen. I can prove this on Wikipedia.

This also brings to mind something else. Out of the three next-gen systems (Xbox 360, Wii, PS3), TWO use ATi graphics (Wii, Xbox 360), and one uses nVIDIA (PS3). That should say something to those using nVIDIA GPUs... Long live ATi ;D !

Now, I'm just gonna be extremely frank about this. I will ABSOLUTELY NOT be buying a PS3. Wasting over $600 CDN on something that has absolutely NO innovation whatsoever isn't something I plan to do. I don't give a flying f**k how many so-called "cool" features it may have, it's NOT WORTH IT!

I will be buying an Xbox 360

Where is the innovation in the xbox360?? The xbox360 was made on the same old rules for consoles. Its big, noisy and clunky, the build quality is nothing special.

So much hatred towards Sony, and why, Microsoft isn't exactly innocent.

Where is the innovation in the xbox360?? The xbox360 was made on the same old rules for consoles. Its big, noisy and clunky, the build quality is nothing special.

So much hatred towards Sony, and why, Microsoft isn't exactly innocent.

Yes, I agree that Microsoft has made mistakes, but Sony isn't exactly perfect either. Let me point something out about the PS2. I had a friend that used his PS2 to watch DVDs every weekend I went to his house. Every DVD we watched got eaten up by his PS2. Eventually, his machine went on the fritz and was never able to read ANYTHING after that. He bought an Xbox later, and the problems went away.

And YES, there IS so much hatred towards SCE >:( . Why, you ask? Simple. They're an agent of Hell, the Devil's own right hand. I've held a grudge against them ever since the took away (or should I say "stole"...) nearly half the market from Nintendo and Sega. Call me a "Nintendo fanboy" if you want, I'm still gonna hold that grudge against SCE for eternity.

And this PSP crap. Sony wants to cut into Nintendo's turf AGAIN!? Now I really know Sony wants to make Nintendo die. You wanna know what I think about this matter? I think Microsoft should buy up Nintendo, then you'd have Nintendo's skilled game creators, and Microsoft's hardware brawn. That's what I'd wanna see happen. Microsoft Game Studios already owns Rareware (creators of many fun games, like GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, etc., and they're ALL on Nintendo's systems, except PDZ), so acquiring Nintendo would ensure that Nintendo will have a future.

And besides, Microsoft already has a jump on the competition. By releasing the Xbox 360 a year before anyone else will allow Microsoft to bleed SCE to a dry heep of gibs. That's the exact same thing Sony did for the PS2. Why can't Microsoft do it too, huh?

Yes, I agree that Microsoft has made mistakes, but Sony isn't exactly perfect either. Let me point something out about the PS2. I had a friend that used his PS2 to watch DVDs every weekend I went to his house. Every DVD we watched got eaten up by his PS2. Eventually, his machine went on the fritz and was never able to read ANYTHING after that. He bought an Xbox later, and the problems went away.

If your friend bought the PS2 to be a DVD player then no wonder things went wrong! That is one feature of the PS2 that is absolute rubbish, no denying. Surely it would have been cheaper to buy a normal DVD player, if he wasn't going to game on it much?

And YES, there IS so much hatred towards SCE >:( . Why, you ask? Simple. They're an agent of Hell, the Devil's own right hand. I've held a grudge against them ever since the took away (or should I say "stole"...) nearly half the market from Nintendo and Sega. Call me a "Nintendo fanboy" if you want, I'm still gonna hold that grudge against SCE for eternity.

It's not nice, but it's called business. Nintendo could have just outbid Sony if it really wanted to keep those franchises, surely? I mean when Sony came in on the scene, Nintendo was already a well established giant in the industry. They must have had more or less the same amount of revenue as Sony, I would think? I always wonder if it was carelessness on Nintendo's part that lost them the JRPG market... besides, Microsoft is just as bad, if not a whole lot worse, than Sony from what I've seen and heard.

And this PSP crap. Sony wants to cut into Nintendo's turf AGAIN!? Now I really know Sony wants to make Nintendo die.

Haha, I agree the PSP is a shameless encroachment upon Nintendo's turf. But in the end I think Nintendo still owns that market... I mean personally, when I think handheld, I think small fun games for those moments of boredom. Not involved Playstation grade titles that require all your concentration on a tiny screen...

You wanna know what I think about this matter? I think Microsoft should buy up Nintendo, then you'd have Nintendo's skilled game creators, and Microsoft's hardware brawn. That's what I'd wanna see happen. Microsoft Game Studios already owns Rareware (creators of many fun games, like GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, etc., and they're ALL on Nintendo's systems, except PDZ), so acquiring Nintendo would ensure that Nintendo will have a future.

In the end, that wouldn't solve the problem that Sony still have all those nice JRPGs. That makes them a titan in the market, especially since Japan makes up a sizable chunk of it, and they're mostly JRPG crazy. Microsoft makes some lame attempt at doing a JRPG now and then, but it's not really a scratch on the ones Sony have their mits on. Besides, do you really want Microsoft to get more powerful in the gaming industry? Keep in mind they're another Sony. I dread to think what they'd do if they got to the top. Lame shallow RPGs and actioney beat 'em ups, "sure things" and no innovation, I suspect.

And besides, Microsoft already has a jump on the competition. By releasing the Xbox 360 a year before anyone else will allow Microsoft to bleed SCE to a dry heep of gibs. That's the exact same thing Sony did for the PS2. Why can't Microsoft do it too, huh?

See my previous comment... the Xbox never does as well as the PS in Japan. I don't think SCE are going to be bled into a "dry heep of gibs" unless Microsoft or Nintendo can get those JRPG franchises back off them. It worked for the PS2 advance release because it was a booming success in Japan, I think. The Xbox 360 hasn't really done that well by comparison, from what I've heard.

I'm not sure there's a lesser of evils here, any company that gets on top is going to be perceived as "the devil". Nintendo would most likely become the same if they were at the top, and Microsoft already is "the devil" of the PC industry. They'd do the same with gaming if they managed to monopolise it...

And this PSP crap. Sony wants to cut into Nintendo's turf AGAIN!? Now I really know Sony wants to make Nintendo die. You wanna know what I think about this matter? I think Microsoft should buy up Nintendo, then you'd have Nintendo's skilled game creators, and Microsoft's hardware brawn. That's what I'd wanna see happen. Microsoft Game Studios already owns Rareware (creators of many fun games, like GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, etc., and they're ALL on Nintendo's systems, except PDZ), so acquiring Nintendo would ensure that Nintendo will have a future.

Agreed: that PS2 is crap for quality, and watching DVDs on it leads to it not reading anything. Not agreed, however, that XBox is that much better, apart from its far superior specs. Mine is almost like new after 2 years of use, and now fails to read anything but brand new discs with no scratches at all, and even then it only works 1 time out of 3.

Agreed: that PS2 put the kaibosh on Nintendo and Sega (I too have always been an N fan,)but that's business. Not agreed: that PSP is crap. If N wants to stay ahead of the competition, it should stop farting about with fluffy puppies, and bring out some more adult-orientated material. And the quality of PSP is far superior to DS in (almost) every respect - graphics, looks, specs, etc. Also I do not agree that Sony have no right to "cut into Nintend's turf." Are only Nokia allowed to make mobile phones?

Disagree. The 360 has turned out to be rather a disappointment IMO. TBH, as much as it hurts me to admit it, I think Sony will yet again come out on top - partly due to the fact that Microsoft were in too much of a hurry to move of to next-gen consoles, and yes, they screwed the retro-compatibilty thing. I will not be buying either of the next-gen consoles yet, until I see how they (and their games) all turn out.

EDIT: I started this post before Switch's, so please note that any similarities are purley coincidental :P

Every DVD we watched got eaten up by his PS2. Eventually, his machine went on the fritz and was never able to read ANYTHING after that. He bought an Xbox later, and the problems went away.

The problems would go away if you used a different system ;)

And this PSP crap. Sony wants to cut into Nintendo's turf AGAIN!? Now I really know Sony wants to make Nintendo die. You wanna know what I think about this matter? I think Microsoft should buy up Nintendo, then you'd have Nintendo's skilled game creators, and Microsoft's hardware brawn.

PSP ain't crap its all down to preference, i love playing some tekken on the go or listening to my podcasts when im out and about. Also long ago when the PS1 was born didn't Sony want to hook up with Nintendo and bring out some new system. Bet your glad that never happened, could've sent you over the edge.

And besides, Microsoft already has a jump on the competition. By releasing the Xbox 360 a year before anyone else will allow Microsoft to bleed SCE to a dry heep of gibs.

Oh dear, that means nothing, Sega had the jump on Sony with the dreamcast superior graphics, huge back catalogue and look what happened there. IMHO Xbox360 has lost out, by as what has already been said. They rushed a system that really is nothing but an upgrade on the original xbox.

Archived