Make Your Home Multiple Adoption Friendly

Ld50365

Yes, as long as you have not had any interactions with any of the urchins, etc. you should be able to go ahead without starting a new game, but there's always that small chance that something might still mess up, which is why he has that disclaimer.

For those wondering about how to get spouses & kids do do things outside the home, they will - all you need to do is make sure that some of the idlemarkers etc. that their AI uses are placed in areas outside, or in a basement, etc. & that those cell locations are linked & considered part of the home. I did this for my mod, Dragons Keep, so that the adopted kids will actually travel outside of the house & go to the recess/play area outside the boarding school, as well as the main hall & dormitory playroom areas to use the practice dummies, & even explore a hidden cave, etc. I just placed the idlemarkers in various places & their existing AI takes care of the rest. I remember it being able to be done with spouses too, but I haven't tried it yet.

What I have not been able to figure out yet is why the kids walk everywhere instead of running. I'm using the same settings in my AI packages, so I think it might have something to do with location types, such as having any of them listed as something that is obviously an interior vs an exterior location, etc.

Yes, as long as you have not had any interactions with any of the urchins, etc. you should be able to go ahead without starting a new game, but there's always that small chance that something might still mess up, which is why he has that disclaimer.

For those wondering about how to get spouses & kids do do things outside the home, they will - all you need to do is make sure that some of the idlemarkers etc. that their AI uses are placed in areas outside, or in a basement, etc. & that those cell locations are linked & considered part of the home. I did this for my mod, Dragons Keep, so that the adopted kids will actually travel outside of the house & go to the recess/play area outside the boarding school, as well as the main hall & dormitory playroom areas to use the practice dummies, & even explore a hidden cave, etc. I just placed the idlemarkers in various places & their existing AI takes care of the rest. I remember it being able to be done with spouses too, but I haven't tried it yet.

What I have not been able to figure out yet is why the kids walk everywhere instead of running. I'm using the same settings in my AI packages, so I think it might have something to do with location types, such as having any of them listed as something that is obviously an interior vs an exterior location, etc.

Had no idea it can be that the marker had such a wide area.

I created a house mod and followed everything in the first post but it still tells me that the house is not suitable for the family. I don't have any papyrus logs (the log folder in My Games/Skyrim is empty) so how do I figure out what I'm missing?

I created a house mod and followed everything in the first post but it still tells me that the house is not suitable for the family. I don't have any papyrus logs (the log folder in My Games/Skyrim is empty) so how do I figure out what I'm missing?

Enable the logs in Skyrim ini.

Hah, got a reply before I could edit my post. I had to go into the game again before the log would populate but it did work and tell me what I was missing - I forgot to place a ChildPlayDoll marker inside the house as well as outside. It works now!

Hah, got a reply before I could edit my post. I had to go into the game again before the log would populate but it did work and tell me what I was missing - I forgot to place a ChildPlayDoll marker inside the house as well as outside. It works now!

Yes I missed a few things the first time around too, but eventually got it worked out. I'm working out the final details on my mod as I write this, then I'll upload it to Nexus.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a new issue. My last house mod crashed so I ended up making a new one. Right now the "Bless Home" spell tells me the house isn't suitable.

Looking at the Papyrus log, this is all I can find:

[alias Player on quest vvvMarkHomeQuest (53000D62)].SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias.psc" Line ?

[01/03/2016 - 02:21:48PM] Error: File "83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

Help, please!

I have a new issue. My last house mod crashed so I ended up making a new one. Right now the "Bless Home" spell tells me the house isn't suitable.

Looking at the Papyrus log, this is all I can find:

[alias Player on quest vvvMarkHomeQuest (53000D62)].SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias.psc" Line ?

[01/03/2016 - 02:21:48PM] Error: File "83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

Help, please!

There's gotta be more to the error logs than that. That error looks like it's coming from another script that's tied to another mod.