[Updated] Nexus Trojan/Virus alert

Dark0ne

I'm getting redirected to such a page with FireFox as well.

According to the source code (which is hard to get as it redirects loading the source to the error site as well, but with FireBug I got around this) it's something called "Mozilla Gatekeeper" where this page is coming from. I don't know if it's connected to Google or anything, but if it doesn't fix on its own, it might be possible Mozilla is maintaining such a list of its own and it needs to be removed from there as well.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dark0ne; Any way Nexus gets to file a claim against the malicious ad provider?

After all, their "product" has potentially caused you to lose revenue through the eyeballs that were (are still?) being deflected away from the "legitimate" ads because of the various protection mechanisms (many/most of which you cannot control) that were triggered.

Not to mention the "damage through loss of reputation", etc.

Surely the TOS between you and those responsible for providing the ads have some sort of "we promise not to ship malware" clause, don't they?

Just sayin', "Hit 'em the only place it hurts... The wallet!"

Ignore my writing about the "Mozilla Gatekeeper". Further investigations revealed that part of the URL for the XUL-definition is only an intended pun, a reference to the film "ghostbusters". But still the warning page in Firefox seems to be originating from Mozilla itself, so the last point of my post is still valid.