Annoying parts of the game

chrisdragon425

Can't shoot arrows or chop a gobling's head off while on horseback is really intolerable to me.

Indeed, I wish we could partake in mounted combat, of course then we have to deal with marauder horse archers, now thats a real headache.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WARNING...SPOILER!!! Don't care? Then read on...

1) At the final level for the Mages Guild Mannimarco is a friggan WIMP >:( !! I know there are mods for him, but OMG he's hundreds of years old and a simple silence spell and an enchant sword kills him in no time.

Also his staff is just a little toy of almost no use.

2)Another thing about the skull staff, it takes forever for the corpses to be resurrected! I usally win the battles before my new undead servants even get up :excl: And when it finally gets up they fall over before they can get to me in time.

3) The Gray Cowl reward for the theives guild is useful but I can't use it that much. I get some good loot from my latest dungeon raid and can only carry it with the Cowl on. But when I get to the city I have to take it off or fight a lot of guards >:( ! When I take it off I...CANT...MOVE!!!!!

4)The enchanted chest for the arch-mage is sometimes usfull but almost never. The Fighters Guild master chest is a piece of crap! One semi-decent item or some gold in a whole month. I can get more than that in a day. I did all that work in the guild just so I could say "Focus on recruiting" or "Focus on contracts"!!??

1) Mannimarco. Dreth's post reminded me of this. Not only is he stupidly easy, he is also *not* of the species that the lore clearly states that he is supposed to be. Like it or not, Mannimarco is not a High Elf, I'm pretty sure. They just copped out on that one. Rather obviously, too.

2) The rabid wildlife. I use the Passive Wildlife mod to counteract this, but without it, why should a little boar have the strength of 2 Dremora? And this, after all that pre-release ranting about making sure the game is balanced.

3) The silly interior mistakes. Hovering items (yes I know physics causes them to hover, but only once activated or brushed against, and I'm pretty sure these weren't) bowls lodged halfway through shelves, windows and doors that don't line up properly with their frames...

4) The way unarmoured/hand to hand has been neglected once again (yay for mods!)... realistically, of course, fists and a shirt will never be much use against a guy in steel plate with a warhammer, but still... since when is this game at all realistic? :P

5) That grating voice actor they chose for the Breton/Imperial women. She can't even act particularly well, and her voice is just... annoying.

6) The monster levelling system, of course. What were they thinking? O.o

7) The lack of spears. I try not to think about it but it *is* pretty stupid. Why bother removing them for the sake of "balance" if you end up creating a game that's extremely unbalanced anyway? Oh no, one attribute will end up having one more skill to govern than the others, woe is me...

Damn, I'm in a cynical mood tonight. :P

1) Mannimarco. Dreth's post reminded me of this. Not only is he stupidly easy, he is also *not* of the species that the lore clearly states that he is supposed to be. Like it or not, Mannimarco is not a High Elf, I'm pretty sure. They just copped out on that one. Rather obviously, too...

Yeah... maybe they didn't do that because they couldn't figure out how to make a creature talk, but in Morrowind, they could (Almalexia was marked as a creature)! Maybe they think we'll get scared if we see a talking snail with a staff that is topped by a skull! Oh, and aren't High Elves supposed to be good Battlemages? Well, they are High Elves... they probably wanted to use that as an excuse to make him so wimpy and f*ckin' nice (he was nice to me, he just backed away when I had my sword drawn and my fire ball warming up in my hand)!

The last stage of the Fighters' Guild questline cheesed me off to no end. I mean, c'mon! I went into Forsaken Mine to save your son's nancy lil' hide, and now you're demoting me!? I lost any respect for Vilena Donton at that point. The myopic old hag appeared completely incompetent and unfit for command at this point that, when she finally does hand over the mantle of power, I wasn't relieved at the end— I was wondering why it took so long for her to realize the bloody truth!

The last stage of the Fighters' Guild questline cheesed me off to no end. I mean, c'mon! I went into Forsaken Mine to save your son's nancy lil' hide, and now you're demoting me!? I lost any respect for Vilena Donton at that point. The myopic old hag appeared completely incompetent and unfit for command at this point that, when she finally does hand over the mantle of power, I wasn't relieved at the end— I was wondering why it took so long for her to realize the bloody truth!

Eh, she's a protective mom (like moms these days), and won't let her little baby out of her sight. She was probably pissed off by her son's death, and wants to blame it on someone other than herself.

Eh, she's a protective mom (like moms these days), and won't let her little baby out of her sight. She was probably pissed off by her son's death, and wants to blame it on someone other than herself.

Which aren't exactly the most endearing qualities for the leader of a mercenary company of hardened warriors.

She was better suited leading Girl Scouts on a camping trip into the West Weald. She had no business in the Fighters' Guild.

Which aren't exactly the most endearing qualities for the leader of a mercenary company of hardened warriors.

She was better suited leading Girl Scouts on a camping trip into the West Weald. She had no business in the Fighters' Guild.

Indeed, you have to wonder how much Skooma the Champion before her was on when he/she made Donton Champion... hmmm, probably got it from Bravil, too... or stole it from Faelian... who knows? Or was he/she smoking Nirnroot? Jeez, that must've been some good poo!

• 3 months later...

Mannimarco: King of Wimps. He hit me with the gay spell thats effect is a green spiral, then stopped. I talked to him a second time, then he hit me with the spell again. I took out my rusty iron dagger and started wacking until his death. Then i used a cheat to resurrect him then killed him with a summoned scamp or 2.

And mages and fighters guilds pays to get back in. Things ungettable for my level especially in the quantities they wanted. I accidentaly hit a partner with a little spell called meteor in the mages guild(Got it from a mod.) and in the fighters guild case, i lodged an arrow in the back of my partners neck. Mages guild was fatal, fighters was almost fatal.