Converting FO3 mod for FNV

KingsGambit

Thanks for your effort.

Right after getting and launching FNV yesterday i realized that they havent been willing to include a simple conversation tool (its really all the fallout3.esm problem). I was like 'WTF'. Now I have to convert every single one of my mods manually instead of just copypasting them. Writing such a tool is a matter of a few hours or less for professionals!

IMO this clearly shows how much they do not give a wet s*** about modding except stealing mods / ideas (eg FWE/Hardcoremode) to boost the ratings for their games. The target audiance is the console crowd anyway. Im pissed already, bad start for new vegas. :verymad:

If I get you correctly, you're saying Bethesda was supposed to write a tool so that you can convert Fallout 3 mods to New Vegas? The whole thing about mods is that while they support them being made, they're not making them. They don't owe you anything, you should just be happy for the G. E. C. K.

Also, because somebody did it before, they are absolutely never able to do it? They're not allowed to look at mods to see what people want? I'm pretty sure mods didn't come up with the idea of eating, man.

1) Since none of the F3 Mods will work due to the incorrect master - YES, they could have delivered at least a simple tool which rewrites them to FNV. This would have allowed any weapon / armor / simple mod to work from the get go. Where would have been the problem in throwing this together? Im personally FAR beyond the be-happy-that-you-get-anything-at-all-attitude (see next point).

2) I have no problem with them getting inspirations from modders, but if you have a close look at "hardcore mode" its just another version of FWE (cripple damage, effects, weapon mods etc.) which -as far as Ive seen for now- isnt even superior. As a "thank you" they could have given the modders the aforementioned simple tool or place a general notification ("thanks to all the guys whose work we copied to get the high ratings on corrupt sites and who continue to work on the massive performance bugs -face morph- we dont care to fix") on a visible place in the main menu or something (FWE as a compliation is free and gives credit to its sources). I know that opening up the game by placing an interface for user mods under "Downloadable Content" on PC AND console (just precheck the content and give them 4 mods per month or so) seems too much to ask but it would be a milestone and make the console version a bit more worthwhile.

Plus they get PAID for creativity, users dont.

PS: One thread says they didnt even fix the GECK problem with new NPCs showing up with incorrect skin tones ingame!!!

They never intended for mods to be ported. What they intended was for us to make new mods just for New Vegas, not recycle the used stuff from Fallout3. That is why they did not give us the tool you are demanding.

Ok.. I am trying to port a clothing mod from FO3 to NV for personal use (BewareOfGirl's Reskin of the Jessica Outfit to be specific). I followed the instructions and put all hte info in the new esp, and loaded it up in NV, but could not get it added to my inventory.

Eventually I just modified the safe in the schoolhouse to hold the item so that i could take it out and find out what its ObjectID was. How do I find the object ID without having to do all this, and how do I make adding it to the safe part of the ESP file?

Just realized that that WAS adding it to the esp. Now I just need to know how to get the objectID without having to go into the game.

Edited by DiaSin