The Most Essential Performance/Utility Mods?

VonHoehenheim103

Hey all,

I have an intermediate understanding of modding but that knowledge resulted from massively screwing all my data folders

and ultimately destroying my Skyrim experience.

Now, I've finally reverted my game to vanilla and I am starting to do everything correctly and decide which mods should always be installed from the get-go.

Which brings me to my question for you!

What are the most relevant mods that you believe should be installed on every PC?

I am not asking what your favorite mods are. I do not want what you think is the best mod unless its relevant to this topic,

But mods that are meant to enhance a utility or interface in a way that is necessary for PC Skyrim

Thanks, all !!

Get Mod Manager to avoid total reinstall in the future. MO stores all mods in separate folders and allows you to create more than one profile with different mods selected. You can even test multiple skyrim.ini / skyrimprefs.ini setups without uninstalling anything.

What you need in order to start modding:

SKSE (improves game stability and allows scripted mods to function)

SKSE ini predownload for lazy users (contains edit for memory patch, remember to set your file extension - http://imgur.com/a/kgspf )

SkyUI (you won't see mod menu without it, additionally it sorts items in your inventory by category and allows to bind favorites to 1-5 keys)

TES5Edit (clean your bethesda master files, check Gopher youtube channel for walkthrough)

USKP (if you have any DLC you need to get patches for those too)

LOOT (sorts load order, can be run through MO)

ENBoost (or any recent enb preset, tweak memory amount in enblocal.ini)

Stable uGridsToLoad (required for 7+ ugrid .ini tweak, might have positive effect on game even with only 5 ugrids active -vanilla)

Performance:

Skyrim Performance PLUS

Skyrim Project Optimization by rgabriel15

Unofficial Enhanced Lights and FX ELFX SMIM ENB fps performance patch (if you use those mods)

Good to have:

RaceMenu (required by character enhancement mods and presets)

RaceMenu Alternative (solves issue with character stats being reset when changing appearance mid game)

Convenient Horses (has an option to view your game script latency -you need to stay below 100 for best response time and stability, besided that fixes horse behavior)

iHUD (hides ui components when these are not needed)

A Matter of Time - A HUD clock widget

Fixes:

XCE (contains "No more blocky faces" and other character mesh/texture fixes)

Multiple Floors Sandboxing (allows npc to move to other floors when sandboxing)

AFT / EFF (fixes some of the issues related to followers, allows to manage their beahvior and items through dialogue)

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns

• 4 years later...