Your best shot?

yoba333

I got Magnum Ammo today and it's taken me four games to work out how to use it.

Im also thinking of creating a "your best spree thread" but only if people would use it.

The thing that's struck me is just how much more forceful the bullets are now. The hugely improved launch gives sniper rifles an entirely diferent feel, the big bolt action bruisers like the GOL and SV are fantasticly easy to use, the smaller, 5X56/7X62/9X89MM semi autos and autos feel much punchier as well. And the M-95 is simply terrifying, with a 12X optic, I think I could hit a still target at 2 miles, easy.

I havent had any true wondershots yet, but Im having to unlearn my heavy bulletdrop compensation, and getting used to flat trajectories well out to 500 metres.

Pic related, it's paricularly pretty example of an M-95 in spanish army trim, real life.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee454/Vindekarr/800px-Barrett_M95SP.jpg

oh gosh havent played BF:BC2 in ages but i have to say i'm one of that fraidy-cat snipers too tho i found myself to be a rather good one relying on my sneak and diversion tactics..

anyways the best shot i took was on a rush map with me being in the U.S. team as an attacker. the thing i did here was not to go towards the enemy when the map started but rather move in quite the opposite direction.

the result was a rather measly score of 4:0 but every shot i made count (talking marksman-headsot-bonus) yielded about 750-800 points for me. it was a pain in the ass to aim tho since the guys i was shooting were way below any rangemarkings. (at times i had to aim not with the thin vertical line of your scope but with the thick part of it @ the bottom of the scope xD)... i give in some hits were rather lucky but then again i was actually behind my own mainbase and couldnt see the guys when i was aiming @ them...

Edited by Sarogath

I wish I was that good lol, I normaly wait for my target to inevitably stop moving before I shoot-I like to ensure a clean headshot.

My best combat trick however isnt a shot, it's a spree.

I got an 8X kill with my knife last night.

I was defending the M-COM on the broken up, stranded ship on Atacama Desert, and the enemy mounted a big rush, one of them stood outside of the M-COM room and kept firing 40MM smoke in, I went rushing in, shot a guy with my MP412, ran out of ammo and knifed the the one behind him.

I heard a guy behind me, spun, knifed him, knifed the guy beside him, knifed a third arming the bomb then knifed the guy trying to revive the first few. My motion-mine pinged another one below and I dropped down, knifed him and his buddy, then charged and stabbed the grenadier, who didnt see me coming.

The only thing that made it possible was the pandemonium caused by the smoke grenades-I doubt I would have gotten half if it wasnt for the obscuring, blinding fog. Total medal haul? 8 dogtags, 2 knife kills medals, avenger pin, knife silver star.

Edited by Vindekarr

Thank's for the tip mate, I tried m own eperiment and got the same conclusion-no diference between 12X and unmodified, which is a nice thing since Im now able to much better configure for the specific map.

Another good one for you: I spotted a little flicker of movement out of the corner of my eye on Arica Harbour, and fired at it on instinct, not only did my shot hit, but I got a Marksman Headshot aswell, the movement was an enemy sniper setting up in a small window(you know those houses with more than one level, and how they have a little window partway up the stairs? he was perched there).

I dont think so, Im normaly on the various ANZAC(great folks)/Heavy Metal(pure stupidty of the best sort)/GoogleConquest(a man has his needs: razors, food, and a BFBC2 server, and when my other faves are down, this is a backup) servers since they're low ping and local, never been on DDD.

Here's another fun one: I was on (god damn, but I can never remember the map names, it was squad deathmatch, I remember the layout 100% photograhpicaly, but never the map's names)

Anyway I was on that snowy map that's used in the first level of the SP, I lobbed a grenade downhill, the targwet saw it, and he fled-downhill towards the ice lake, but that was a dumb move since the Frag chased him!

Don't try and run away from grenades downhill folks, gravity can run faster than you can :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...