Want to start a new Skyrim playthrough

Dmytros

Hey , first post here. Just wanted to ask you, what mods should I use for my next playthrough. I know this probably gets asked a lot, but I already had played two playthroughs of Skyrim with mods, played about to level 30 and then stopped. Dindn't have the patience and interest to keep playing, thought it was getting boring, i think I had about 30 mods on both playthroughs.

So yeah, can anyone help me out here? I just have the urge to play Skyrim again, if someone could recommend me some mods I would be greatful. And has anyone had this problem of losing interest? If so how did you fix it?

There are two things that we really need to know in order to help you find mods that are right for you:

1. Do you want your game to be strictly canon, just lore-friendly, or not necessarily in line with TES at all?

2. What kind of experience do you want? Do you want a tough, hard-core survival experience in which you have to eat, drink and stay out of the elements? Do you want a sexual experience? Do you want to roleplay a criminal who starts over in life after crossing the border into Skyrim from Cyrodiil? Do you want to build your own army and become the next High King? Do you want to be the hero of Skyrim, helping its people, and solving its problems?

@megageeklizzy

I guess I just want to be the Hero of Skyrim :tongue:.

ED: I preffer it to be lore-friendly.

@Boombro

Hard to earn money definitely, I found it too easy to earn money, just steal an expensive thing, and sell the thing. I'm also a big fan of Dark Souls, I like the difficulty where you can win a fight by using all the resources available to you.

Edited by Dmytros

sometimes we get lost with so many mods, it`s good take a step back and think what is really important here? like people already said here, it`s better to organize what u want (lore friendly, hard core survival etc...) but never forget too many mods, will get lag and enventually will break the game

Edited by BlackCo4t

Well Requiem gameplay overhaul makes the game harder in all ways. To the point it may be crazy.

Everything costs more, everything hits harder and leveling up is slower. I think you may like it.

A warning though, Requiem is best used alone, mod added spawns are weak and some weapon and armor mod may not be patched well. Dragoborn is not done yet, but there some patches around.

Also, if you wish to join a guild with a lot of fighting, level up to 30 and beef up. Mages guild is no joke, dragon will kick you ass and trolls will send you flying.

I personally only use lore-friendly mods, and I go for fairly balanced gameplay. Here are some mods that I use:

Base - I never play without these

Unofficial patches

When Vampires Attack

Run For Your Lives

Weapon and Armor Fixes Remade

More Interactive Items - Grab Moveable Statics

Interactive Clutter

Dynamic Things - Woodpiles and Barrels and More Oh My

Dynamic Things - Enhanced

Dead Body Collision Fix

Clothing and Clutter Fixes

Better MessageBox Controls

Better Dialogue Controls

Guard Dialogue Overhaul

New Stuff - New Armors, Clothing, Weapons, and Spells

Ancient Spells 2 -Morrowind and Oblivion Spells

Dynamic Loot

Warmonger Armory

Lore Weapon Expansion

Immersive Weapons

Heavy Armory

Immersive Armors

Common Clothes

Other Content

Extended Encounters

Point the Way

Civil War Overhaul

Immersive Patrols

Placeable Statics

With Dynamic Loot, make sure you get the patches for any of the armor and weapon mods you use. Unfortunately, Dynamic Loot certainly doesn't help with making it harder to get money, so you might want to try an economy mod.