Well fortified camp

dragon awakened

A concept I have always had for my character is that she is a bandit hunter come to Skyrim to recruit like minded individuals to her cause and ply her trade. I could not for that reason see this character living in a huge castle or well furnished manor.

I was thinking perhaps a well fortified camp somewhere near Whiterun with all of the crafting stations, a number of large tents (some for followers, one for storage, one for the enchanting and alchemy stations and one set aside as a private bathing area for the user and any followers, obviously there would also be a private tent for the character. I'm thinking of a total of 10 tents through the camp.

The camp would have a low wall surrounding it or like in many imperial camps have some sort of obstacle that would slow down charging attackers.

I would like to see if anybody is interested in giving this idea a shot. If you are I would discuss further ideas and details at that point.

Please understand that I am unsure of what can and cannot be done through the Creation Kit but I do not think I am looking for anything crazy or over the top here. If I request something that is not possible then let me know and we can figure out something new.

Whether you choose to help me or not I thank you for the time you took to at least read this humble request.

I am not a modder, but this sounds like a reasonable request for someone with modding skill. There are plenty of player home mods that are manors, castles, and towers, as well as a few small camps, but I like this idea of a mid-sized military camp. What you are requesting seems to be something like the existing Imperial and Stormcloak camps, but for a player character + followers?

Edited by ScottC12

@ ScottC : I understand through others that the Creation Kit for Skyrim is far more difficult to use than the GECK. Skyrim is so old at this point my guess is that most mod authors at this point would rather save themselves the headache. I'm not that computer savvy in the first place so I personally don't know the full truth on the differences/difficulties between the two.

@ Fenryr3001 : Unfortunately my system doesn't seem to be able to deal with the creation kit. Constant crashes when I try to activate. I do not know why it will not work but I have been able to use the GECK to mod my Fallout games with no problem. I figured I would just ask and see if anybody would like to do this as it would be very different in scope compared to the run of the mill housing mods.

Thanks to both of you for reading the topic and for your input.

I don't think the CK is more difficult than the GECK. In fact, a lot of things that are functionally the same between the two has been, imo, improved in CK. There have been major features added - right now, going back to GECK feels like you're missing a lot of stuff that you take for granted and made life somewhat easier.

Anyway, if you get around the crashing problem, maybe you could simply turn one of the existing bandit camps into a player-owned space once the occupants are defeated? Knifepoint Ridge is a good place.

Two different bandit camps Robber's Gorge and Halted Stream Mining Camp have always stood out as good places to use as bases .. or at least some combined elements of those two camps. However while I do like those bases I do not like those two particular locations and of course some elements of each such as the slaughterhouse element of the Halted Stream Mining Camp. If I could figure out how to do a good screenshot I would post up 3 locations that I feel would be ideal locations.