Infinite loading screens?

whatiswrong

Does anyone know the console command to teleport into old north church? I am at the Brotherhood quest Tactical Thinking and need to destroy the Railroad, but entering the old north church gives me loading screen of death... (infinite loading screen). I have reverted to older saves, disabled all my mods, downgraded graphics, removed saved games & generally tried everything... but nothing works.

So does anyone have any idea of what i should do next to get into that /(&/%¤"#!¤/"%(&)/= cell?

• 5 months later...

Deleting saves only makes the start menu run properly/faster. It does not fix the infinite load bug at all. I know this because I only keep around 20 saves in my folder now, and this problem just started in my game. It is, in my opinion, caused by 2 things - the wretchedly-bad 1.5 update, and any modded console-use in survivor mode.

EDIT - @oregano - Old North Church cell id's are OldNorthChurchExt & OldNorthChurch01 (interior) console command is "coc" (without inverted commas) eg.:

coc OldNorthChurch01

Edited by RaffTheSweetling

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I know this hasn't been touched in a few weeks, so I am gonna put in my two cents just in-case some one comes back with the same problem. I was experiencing this last night and was extremely disappointed, and came back today to see if it was still happening and it was. I was currently doing the Nick Valentine quests with his investigation agency and was on the quest of the Gilded Grasshopper. Once finding the dude's grave and recovering everything as the last step of the quest and completing it, I tried to warp out of the graveyard to Diamond City to get another quest. But it did the infinite loading screen. So I thought; "Well.. maybe it has something to do with the amount of saves." So I ran away from that area, made a few quick-saves along the way as I got further and further away from the point. Then something dawned on me; "Maybe it's the quadrants." My map mod that I currently have has numbered 'areas', so I ran from 12 (the one you finish the quest in) to 15, and did NOT experience the fast-travel loading bug. So if you're getting the loading bugs when you fast travel, my recommendation is get this map mod:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1215/?

Say YES when it prompts you during install to include the "numbered areas" or whatever they refer it to, so that way you can gauge what quadrant or district you're in, and sprint to a different district to teleport out of.

So what I've gathered from this is:

1)Possible save file number, could have fixed it by multiple quick-saves.

2)Possible district issue, where some places you can't fast travel out of because infinite loading screens

3)Similar issue with Skyrim where High Texture 4k resolution mods and having too many of them can cause this issue at a certain time of day you're trying to fast travel, because at night it has to load more stars than during the day, etc. (Since fast traveling changes the time of day)

TL;DR --> Crashes might be from district you're in, run away, do a few quick saves, try again.

• 3 months later...

I have found a fix that workds 100% of the time for me. For me for some reason it deals with the amount of quick and auto saves i have. Before i even start up my game i go to saved folder and cut and paste my save files exept the latest one to a backup folder. For a good long duration it works fine. once i get a infinite load screen i close game and do same thing. i also have turned off auto saves but for some reason after certian times in game it will still auto save and i do not quick save at all, i just try and save through normal means as much as i can. everytime i do this though i get a good few hours of uninterupted gameing. hope this helps others.

Edited by crashedlens

I know from Skyrim that Autosaves, Save on Fast Travel etc can cause issues this is why Autosave, Quicksave, And Save On Fast travel are not full saves they do not save all the scripted info like the normal Save does I have been disabling those since Skyrim they are good for quick and dirty saving say like in the Mechanist Lair where you might CTD from time to time but I always do a normal Save and always load from a normal Save never from an auto save the others just corrupt to darn easily.

sorry to burst ur bubble but what im experiëncing is just the same s#*! from skyrim just infinit loadscreens and i can say this because i have deleted all my save's (i only had 5) and the problem did'nt start till i got my first mods installed. Its possible that not having F4SE jet is what's causing my problems but im working on that already still if there is something else causing this issue idd love to know about it

• 4 months later...

After many futile attempts I find this working solution for this problem (especially with change Outdoor/Indoor and Fast Travel)!

Try this: In Papyrus section of Fallout.ini decrease parameter of fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS. Default is 500. Try 250.