Bug List - If you find bugs post them here

Grasmann

dialog wheel disappears leaving you stuck in a dialog

Hit tab to get out of conversation mode, I have this problem with dogmeat a lot.

Got a thing, not sure if its a glitch or not, at the main title screen (post static, while focusing on the power armor) there's this weird crackling noise in the music and stuttering in the video.

Are you talking about the grainy film and the scratchy music recording? If so that has been how all FOs opening shots have been.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One bug that is really anoying for me is that a good handful of the razorgrain that I planted doesn't work at all. The model is there but I can't interact with it and I can place new plants in the same place.

Also, it seems like the protaganist's voice is distorted for some conversations (I'm not wearing the power armor or anything that covers my face).

Edited by Silentdagger

Anyone remember the bug in Skyrim where once you enter the water you see movement in the water next to your character. Don't worry if you don't apparently it's not well known or something. It bugged the crap out of me in Skyrim and it's still here in Fallout 4.

I found only one video related to this and it's pretty bad quality but it will have to do.

https://youtu.be/-xUVWczDYNA?t=19

Edit: Another one i just had is that my Recruitment Beacon is still broadcasting after being disabled, without power and even if scrapped/stored. Sleeping fixed it though.

Edited by Sigmatic

I updated the first post.

Most of the errors I just copied in there, just to have a list of them all.

Also many of these errors I haven't encountered myself and many of the game feature they're related too I haven't even used.

So I can't say much about possible fixes or anything.

As I write this I have the Tab not working bug again ingame.

And this time I have no clue how to get it away. XD

EDIT: When I went into the game it was working again.

So it actually seems to be fixed by Alt-Tabing out of the game o.O

lol

Edited by Grasmann

Well, the idea is that we collect all the bugs we can find and possible solutions for them.

1. [Capslock] inverted.

A bug that was present in skyrim too where [Capslock] can be inverted.

I believe it happens when [shift] is pressed when interacting with containers or actors.

The result is that you need to have [Capslock] active all the time if you want to run.

It doesn't happen as often as in skyrim. In skyrim I can pretty much reproduce it reliably.

Can be fixed by setting your autorun key to a different, unused key, such as "\". There aren't many instances where you would want to keep switching rapidly between running and walking, so having it in an out of the way place works well, while also not being tied to a keyboard function toggle.

Game not booting up in the first place

seems to be a common one, it goes black trying to laod the game, and just closes itself,

up to date specs that are between minimum and recommended, as the game has booted up rarely, but most of the time it just closes itself before it even gets to the please stand by page.

also on a note the fixes that have been provided by bethesda don't actually solve this issue at all

Game not booting up in the first place

seems to be a common one, it goes black trying to laod the game, and just closes itself,

up to date specs that are between minimum and recommended, as the game has booted up rarely, but most of the time it just closes itself before it even gets to the please stand by page.

also on a note the fixes that have been provided by bethesda don't actually solve this issue at all

This might be releated to the startup videos not working right, maybe a codex or caching issue. I believe one solution involved renaming them so they were skipped.

Can't properly open any maglock doors via terminals

I get on the terminal, and I select [Open Door]. Then it says "Accessing maglocks...", and after about three seconds it says "Security lock released. Opening doors...", but nothing actually happens. The terminal is stuck at the "Opening doors..." screen forever, and if I go back to the previous screen, it says "STATUS: Locked". Transitioning between an interior and an exterior cell causes the door to finally open. I am playing with 'timescale' set to 10, so that might have something to do with it, although I've trying setting it to 20 (default) before accessing the terminal and had no success. If anyone who's been playing with the default timescale can confirm that they don't have this problem, then this is definitely a bug.

Yea. Piper the first time you click talk. There those default question with the last a relationship. Now this was replace by alway on good behaviour, ah follow by those same 4th choices to choose. Which were already selected.

And alway on good behaviour kept randomly spoke to character. When near her, enter new building, fast travel. Sometime it happen randomly. The rate increase too. Abit annoying. Is bug?

Edited by 8ltg