⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Bug List - If you find bugs post them here

Grasmann

I don't really know what maglocks are. lol

Unless it's basically every locked door that needs a terminal.

But so far I could open all the doors via terminals.

EDIT: Are those the doors that basically are a wall? XD

I encountered some doors that didn't even give a text when looked at ... like "Needs terminal" and stuff.

But anyways I could open them all.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. They are non-interactive doors that are supposed to have magnetic locks, and can only be opened via terminals. They're the only doors in the game that are opened through terminals, as far as I know.

It's not a timescale issue, been using one at 4 and not noticed a similar problem. I'm guessing it is either some bug that particular door, or a rare glitch. Try reloading from an earlier save and trying it again.

It could also be that there is more than one door, and the door you're thinking of needs to be unlocked by another means or is quest related. They brought back the mechanic from Skyrim regarding interiors which loop back to the start with a door that can only be opened from one side, and there are a few places which are locked off until later.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a timescale issue, been using one at 4 and not noticed a similar problem. I'm guessing it is either some bug that particular door, or a rare glitch. Try reloading from an earlier save and trying it again.

It could also be that there is more than one door, and the door you're thinking of needs to be unlocked by another means or is quest related. They brought back the mechanic from Skyrim regarding interiors which loop back to the start with a door that can only be opened from one side, and there are a few places which are locked off until later.

In the original post it sounds like a regular thing though.

Can't properly open any maglock doors via terminals

I get on the terminal, and I select [Open Door]. Then it says "Accessing maglocks...", and after about three seconds it says "Security lock released. Opening doors...", but nothing actually happens. The terminal is stuck at the "Opening doors..." screen forever, and if I go back to the previous screen, it says "STATUS: Locked". Transitioning between an interior and an exterior cell causes the door to finally open. I am playing with 'timescale' set to 10, so that might have something to do with it, although I've trying setting it to 20 (default) before accessing the terminal and had no success. If anyone who's been playing with the default timescale can confirm that they don't have this problem, then this is definitely a bug.

I categorized the bug list a bit.

May not be perfect but better than before. XD

Edited by Grasmann

Serious shading issue with the pipboy. In dim area lighting it's impossible to see the item stats, health, carry weight, and AP listed in the corners.

http://i.imgur.com/WOnxo2v.jpg?1

Have you tried clicking the right mouse button to zoom in. Also in the settings if lens flare is on turn it off same with motion blur. Hope this helps.

64hz bug is an age old problem with gamebyro where the engine runs at 64hz rather than a perfect 60. Usually fixed by Windowed mode or fps capper like ENB or RTSS.

What happens is you get this microstutter everytime the engine goes up to 64fps and dives down again. Present in all Bethesda titles on Gamebyro

Not sure where to put this bug, as it has to do with modding the game, but it is a vanilla FO4 bug, and not a bug introduced by mods. In fact, that is the issue, I cannot add any mods at all as the Launcher has no file selection screen for them. Any way to fix that? I already tried the bEnableFileSelection=1 ini tweak, and that did not work at all because I assume the option is not there at all, not just grayed out and not clickable like in Skyrim when it launched.

Not sure where to put this bug, as it has to do with modding the game, but it is a vanilla FO4 bug, and not a bug introduced by mods. In fact, that is the issue, I cannot add any mods at all as the Launcher has no file selection screen for them. Any way to fix that? I already tried the bEnableFileSelection=1 ini tweak, and that did not work at all because I assume the option is not there at all, not just grayed out and not clickable like in Skyrim when it launched.

As far as I can tell that's normal right now.

I don't have it either.

You have to add esp mods manually to your plugins.txt in Users\[YourUser]\AppData\Local\Fallout4.

Although it seems like at the moment Fallout 4 is adding all esps inside the data folder to that file on its own.

But I'm not rure if that is always the case.

Lololol 3 days its been out and it all about the mods. Seems we should just have Bethesda release their engine with no game and we just build on it.

Anyhow not sure if this is was intentional but im not getting the map graphic on my pipboy app on my phone in or out of the pipboy. Markers and doors still appear but there is no zoom. Connection is 450mbps and using offline as well.

Lololol 3 days its been out and it all about the mods. Seems we should just have Bethesda release their engine with no game and we just build on it.

Anyhow not sure if this is was intentional but im not getting the map graphic on my pipboy app on my phone in or out of the pipboy. Markers and doors still appear but there is no zoom. Connection is 450mbps and using offline as well.

Can't say anything about that as I'm not using it.

Seems kinda pointless to me.

It's just a small gimick anyways, maybe bethesda will fix something about it maybe not. XD