Bug List - If you find bugs post them here

Grasmann

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game not booting up in the first place

seems to be a common one, it goes black trying to laod the game, and just closes itself,

up to date specs that are between minimum and recommended, as the game has booted up rarely, but most of the time it just closes itself before it even gets to the please stand by page.

also on a note the fixes that have been provided by bethesda don't actually solve this issue at all

Did you try borderless fullscreen mode?

Seems to have fixed the issue for many people.

Don't know if that's in the solutions by bethesda.

Can't properly open any maglock doors via terminals

I get on the terminal, and I select [Open Door]. Then it says "Accessing maglocks...", and after about three seconds it says "Security lock released. Opening doors...", but nothing actually happens. The terminal is stuck at the "Opening doors..." screen forever, and if I go back to the previous screen, it says "STATUS: Locked". Transitioning between an interior and an exterior cell causes the door to finally open. I am playing with 'timescale' set to 10, so that might have something to do with it, although I've trying setting it to 20 (default) before accessing the terminal and had no success. If anyone who's been playing with the default timescale can confirm that they don't have this problem, then this is definitely a bug.

I don't really know what maglocks are. lol

Unless it's basically every locked door that needs a terminal.

But so far I could open all the doors via terminals.

EDIT: Are those the doors that basically are a wall? XD

I encountered some doors that didn't even give a text when looked at ... like "Needs terminal" and stuff.

But anyways I could open them all.

Edited by Grasmann

Just loaded up the game to find my weapon icons in my favorites menu are outside their boxes a bit lol.

Mh definitely a bug.

Although I guess it doesn't have any other negative sideeffects.

I had to disable borderless and use RTSS framecap of 60 to avoid 64hz bug.

What's the 64hz bug?

Like crazy physics and stuff?

Edited by Grasmann

Broken Quest Triggers: The Disappearing Act looking for the missing guy in diamond city early sterling. I had already robbed his house. I went to the bar to get the key and it's telling me to search for clues, but I have already broken the quest triggers by looting things before the quest. - That's fine but it needs to hit a failure state, or tell me I already have found the clues, or spawn the clues in as the quest triggers. (This is a possible bug can't confirm yet)

Also had a weird rare bug with cait, she was saying lines before the last lines were done, so she was speaking slightly over the top of herself. Might be down to the ini tweaks previous to remove the mouse lag, only had it once though just after combat.

Edited by Markmid

Broken Quest Triggers: The Disappearing Act looking for the missing guy in diamond city early sterling. I had already robbed his house. I went to the bar to get the key and it's telling me to search for clues, but I have already broken the quest triggers by looting things before the quest. - That's fine but it needs to hit a failure state, or tell me I already have found the clues, or spawn the clues in as the quest triggers. (This is a possible bug can't confirm yet)

I'll list it seperately. I feel like broken quests are a whole other topic though.

I guess there's a lot more to come in that category. XD

Also had a weird rare bug with cait, she was saying lines before the last lines were done, so she was speaking slightly over the top of herself. Might be down to the ini tweaks previous to remove the mouse lag, only had it once though just after combat.

I had some npcs skip some of the last words of their sentences and jump to the next one.

Interesting thing is when that happened ( happenend like two or three times ) the subtitles got stuck on the senctence they skipped the words.

Completely forgot about that.

I don't really know what maglocks are. lol

Unless it's basically every locked door that needs a terminal.

But so far I could open all the doors via terminals.

EDIT: Are those the doors that basically are a wall? XD

I encountered some doors that didn't even give a text when looked at ... like "Needs terminal" and stuff.

But anyways I could open them all.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. They are non-interactive doors that are supposed to have magnetic locks, and can only be opened via terminals. They're the only doors in the game that are opened through terminals, as far as I know.