FO4 Feels struttery indoors; Says I'm getting 60 FPS

RS13

Like the title says. It's especially bad when strafing. It doesn't really make any sense. I should't be having any problems, especially indoors. And steam's FPS counter says I'm not.

I'm almost wondering if Bethesda re-introduced the 64 Megahertz bug? But that wouldn't explain why it's worse inside. Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by RS13

You could try running the game in borderless windowed mode. It fixed the (by the sounds of it) same bug for me in Oblivion and Skyrim. I don't have FO4 to actually try it out, but I hope that it works.

If the game doesn't have borderless windowed mode built-in then just try regular windowed mode. If it works look for an application that can force borderless.

Edited by Guest

Update: OK, so I've turned off Fallout's vsync (via ipreset interval in the falloutprefs.ini) and started playing in borderless windowed mode. I've also forced vsync via enb (no effects, I just turned vsync on). That seems--seems!--to have significantly reduced the problem. It still happens occasionally, but it's now a minor annoyance rather than an enjoyment killer.

I've also found that using enb to limit the framerate to 60--but not sync it to the monitor's refresh rate--completely eliminated the problem, but came with a significant amount of screen tearing. Continuing to fiddle with the settings.

Edited by RS13

If you're on Nvidia you can use adaptive Vsync in the control panel instead. It only turns on if you go over your monitor's refresh rate. According to PC Gaming Wiki it even fixes the game speed issues for peope with +60Hz monitors.