FO4Edit and Mods. What about Corruption

danila726

So I have a general question, I am using 3 mods for both fun, and immersion. The mods are Atom Bomb Baby (baby Shaun mininuke), True Storms, and Darker nights. With the talk about some mods which are made in certain ways regarding xSnip and others which can corrupt your game saves. Can the mods I'm using corrupt games saves? Thanks in advance!

That is a risk you always take when modding. You can't completely avoid that and no one can guarantee you, that it won't happen, so save often and keep your saves. That being said: those three mods are at least unlikely to corrupt savegames. The thing with the XSnip-mods is/was, that they had a significantly higher risk of bloated/corrupted savegames than mods done with XEdit. But still: FO4Edit is not the CK and still has a lot of unknown records, so mods done with it will still have a higher risk than mods done with the CK will have when it comes out.

In any case: use common sense. Don't use mods on their initial release unless you're willing to take the risk for the sake of bugtesting and helping to improve it. Browse the description, posts and bug reports on every mod. Look for replies of the mod author. If you get the overall impression, that the author does a good job actively battling bugs and informing the users about known issues/workarounds etc. and that he/she puts heart and effort in the mod, you're probably good to go.

Edited by wax2k