A Guide to HDT-SMP Users/Modders

treota

Your NiStringExtraData is attached to the root node rather than the actual skirt mesh.

Not 100% sure if that would cause issues, try removing the StringExtraData from the root node and put it in the NiTriShapes for the skirt instead.

If that does not work try linking using the defaultBBPs.xml file.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that helps, the second tip, linking via the defaultBBPs.xml file. Problem is, that now is the XML set as default to all meshes named with the same name as the skirt. In this case, all other parts of the armor in different NIFs. So i should rename the skirt to the different name? Sadly this is not the right solution which i expect.. I've tried to move the string extra data to the nitrishape of the skirt and that not work. When i see all other SMP armors which work well, i nodes that they have this string in the root too... but they have their StringExtraData blocks in 1 position... I've tried to move it too to the first position and still not work. I nodes that they have the strings in that block in first and second position in the String list... It is somehow count? And if yes, how i move these information to the first and second position too?

well I think until this problem will appears, i will stick with the defaultBBPs.xml file linking technique. It is working this way. I rename the skirt mesh to the RHSkirt so that the XML file not overwrite all physics with meshes named "1" and now i try to solve the new issue which is skirt sinking underground. :D fun part beginning.... :smile: Thank you for your help, I will try one more solution, to move the propriet block to the new NIF file where the SMP is working, so i can try if the problem is somehow corrupted NIF file or if it is as always problem somewhere between chair and keyboard, unfortunately this problem is hard to remove,because it is also the detection entity... well i post here my progress...

Edited by Rumcajz23th

Nice!

So we know that your physics is all fine its just the linking via string extra data that is not working.

This is most likely related to path resolution (smp can't find or process the path given to it).

Try in Nifskope doing spells > optimize > remove unused strings. You do have a typoed skinned mesh physics object lying around in the string table (this also moves your string to position 2 interestingly)

Wow, You are wizard!

It actually work! Even the "sinking armor under ground" bug disappear when i remove unused strings. Just like you says. it move the string to the right position. :smile: Everything just start work as it was intended to work. Even the ground collision was there. Only Invisible Legs for collision don't work. I will try move the legs in the XML file to different position. In the instructive video which i have linked in my first post here, he says something with the legs XML code must be somewhere under the skirt XML code, so it can work. So i will try this. But still it is work more than before thank to You. :smile:

Thank you very much. You save me. I was beginning to lose hope, now this optimization and like snapping the fingers - voila - and physic work like no problem was there before... :smile:

Edit:

So the leg collision still not work even when i move the code bellow skirt code or over the skirt code... So i have problem somewhere else... I Copy the leg collision from different nif as well as the virtual ground. but The virtual ground working well and the leg collision don't.... well idk what to do now. Maybe make my own collision legs- somehow... or try to copy different leg collision from different NIFs than the one from which i take the legs and virtual ground first time... Or it is here another simple solution like Magic? :)

Edited by Rumcajz23th

Could always try removing 'bogus' nodes and then removing unused strings.

(TBH I am out of my depth with that though, I am unsure if the nodes that get removed are actually needed for anything).

You could also try removing the following nodes from your xml file:

• <shared>private</shared>
  • <can-collide-with-tag>...</can-collide-with-tag>

I don't know of any actual schema for SMP xml's however I have not personally come across these two tags being valid.

Could always try removing 'bogus' nodes and then removing unused strings.

(TBH I am out of my depth with that though, I am unsure if the nodes that get removed are actually needed for anything).

You could also try removing the following nodes from your xml file:

• <shared>private</shared>
  • <can-collide-with-tag>...</can-collide-with-tag>

I don't know of any actual schema for SMP xml's however I have not personally come across these two tags being valid.

about the Shared element idk what this mean... With the Can collide element i saw that time to time it show me warning in log file... I nodes that this node can be only in <per-vertex-shape name="something"> otherwise it is not valid element and it will be skipped and written in the log file...

As i look to other SMP XML file from other authors, they all use these elements... I've try to remove them and still the legs don't collide... well i think i make somewhere error and i can't see it... :D i will try ask some of the other authors which make SMP if they know what I'm doing wrong. They may can find what missing... Thank you with your help. I will post here my progress with my issue. if i make any... :)

Ok. Maybe I post the question somewhere, where nobody cares or they don't know answer... I've tried for test purpose copy legs from the armor to the skirt so i can test, if I copy the legs correctly...

Here i saw, that something in the copy process went wrong... when i load the game, i nodes that the legs aren't there... only the skirt... So maybe the problem is, how i copy the blocks to the new nif... If I'm correct only think what I need to do is... Select what block i want to copy from the source... then right click on that block and set copy branch.. then go to my nif where i want the copied stuff, (not closing the original nif or it will go wrong) then set the main node right click and insert branch. And that it is? IDK. I've do this when I've copy the leg even the ground the in the same way... ground work well but legs no... IDK what else i need to do. When i copy with this way the legins from the main armor, in the skirt nif is visible but not in game... maybe the game don't see it because i need to copy them in specific way... I will look on how to correctly copy the blocks and will see if it helps or not...

Edited by Rumcajz23th

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...