A Guide to HDT-SMP Users/Modders

treota

install SMP for skyrim special edition, 730 is for the legendary one, how does it even start for you =) Links above, install from Daymarr's patreon.

Still not work, but now i don't have error 193

"checking plugin I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\hdtSSEFramework.dll

plugin I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\hdtSSEFramework.dll (00000001 hdtSSEFramework 00000001) loaded correctly
checking plugin I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\hdtSSEPhysics.dll
registering plugin listener for SKSE at 2 of 3
plugin I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\hdtSSEPhysics.dll (00000001 hdtSSEPhysics 00000001) loaded correctly"

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would recommend using something like ModOrganizer and making a fresh profile with no other mods, just special edition SMP.

It's very likely that you have other dll plugins conflicting with the hdt framework. After you have confirmed that SMP works on its own you can start adding more mods gradually.

I have found the best way to benchmark that SMP is working is with the following setup:

1. Mod Organizer
  2. SKSE SSE (installed manually, not with mod organizer; note Skyrim, SKSE and HDT need to be for the same game version. Bethesda likes to push out menial game updates that break everything.)
  3. HDT framework (installed manually, not with mod organizer)
  4. HDT SMP (installed manually, not with mod organizer)
  5. Bodyslide (needed to build the physics enabled body)
  6. CBBE SMP (if you have body physics at this point you are good to go)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12480?tab=description This mod helps a lot with the various updates for SSE.

There are also links to basically all of those in the guide, CBBE SMP in particular has links to the SSE version of HDT-SMP.

Edited by treota

So:

1. I use nexus mod manager to turn off all mods i use, olny leave 1 that use smp

2. I have skse64 2.00.16

3 - 5 - have it

6. Don't have it

And ofcorse SMP still not work and now idk if this SMP or xml files error. This is from hdtSSEPhysics.log

[Fri Nov 15 19:46:55 2019]WARNING: meshes\Coco_Cloths\Black_cat\bchair.xml(4,2):VirtualGround is not a BSTriShape or doesn't exist, skipped

[Fri Nov 15 19:46:55 2019]ERROR: meshes\Coco_Cloths\Black_cat\bchair.xml(12,22):xml parse error - not a float value
[Fri Nov 15 19:51:58 2019]WARNING: meshes\Coco_Cloths\Black_cat\bchair.xml(4,2):VirtualGround is not a BSTriShape or doesn't exist, skipped
[Fri Nov 15 19:51:59 2019]WARNING: meshes\Coco_Cloths\Black_cat\bchair.xml(57,3):piority is deprecated and no longer used
[Fri Nov 15 19:52:00 2019]WARNING: meshes\Coco_Cloths\Black_cat\bchair.xml(433,3):piority is deprecated and no longer used

[Fri Nov 15 19:46:55 2019]ERROR: meshes\Coco_Cloths\Black_cat\bchair.xml(12,22):xml parse error - not a float value

This error means that your operating system is trying to parse 'floating' or 'decimal' numbers with commas ',' but the xml file is defined using dot notation '.' (or vice versa). Random learning material!

10.58  vs  10,58

The easiest way to solve this is to change your OS language to one that uses dot notation, alternatively you could go through all the xml files and change them to commas instead of dots.

My os language for exampe is set to ENG_NZ, however ENG_US or any other dot notation language would work as well.

----

The other errors look like the mesh & xml files are from legendary edition.

Special edition changed from NITriShapes to BSTriShapes.

You may either need to convert the mesh in question to special edition or find someone who has already done it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19911 NiTriShape converter

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30121 COCO CheongSan

Also make sure if you are not installing a body mod that you have a skeleton installed that works with SMP.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1988 XP32 skeleton is the most common.

Edited by treota

I think it’s just a mess there from the plugins, if before that the versions of LE and SSE did not differ. For physics to work, SMP clothes do not need to put physics for the body, only the path between working physics HDT-PE(CBPC). If the SMP plugin loads without errors, then HDT(CBPC) does not work. Install HDT (CBPC)https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21224?tab=filesnormally, observing all the requirements for its version (SSE), see if it works; you need clothes, there is a requirement for CBBE SE or TBD SE and put it on, check how it works without SMP, then put what Dymarr gives for SMP, everything has already been converted on his patreon. Do not go into this jungle about weights and points, just set normal HDT-PE physics for your version and ensure that it works with all the requirements, then do SMP. These mods from COCO (daymarr) https://www.patreon.com/Daymarr are made for wide users, there is nothing to configure additionally. I would just give you my config and a set of plugins from the SKSE folder, but we have different versions of Skyrim, you figure it out, it seems to me that you just mixed up all your plugins, installing from LE and SSE, it happens, sometimes I wander to SSE pages myself, they are on different colors ...

Edited by KwendaKutomba

When i convert mesh i got hairw_smp.rev.nif, so this mesh is for SE by default, so why i have this error - "VirtualGround is not a BSTriShape or doesn't exist, skipped"?

For what i need change this VirtualGround?

Virtual ground is a proxy object used for collisions. It is attached to the base of your character and is used to give the illusion of your physics objects hitting the ground (noticable in things like a ball gown).

The error means one of two things:

1. There is a virtual ground object in your mesh that is still using an older format of object (NITriShape), running a converter would fix this.
  2. There is a virtual ground definition block in your physics XML files but there is no virtual ground object in the mesh itself.

Either of these can be 'ignored' as SMP will just skip that calculation. This will mean that you don't get collisions with the ground but in your case I would guess that the virtual ground is an unintentional left over definition in the xml files that should be removed by the modder in question.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Outfit Studio a no-go for editing outfits with SMP bones? I've been trying to convert outfits with SMP cloth/skirt physics bones from one body to another in the standard way, but in-game the skirt and my character's thighs just fall through the floor. I've managed to convert some tops, but it seems anything with a long skirt will get messed up. Running LE, the outfits have PE for body physics and SMP for clothing

Can't say I have tried using outfit studio for SMP outfits.

Do you know if the outfit worked properly before using outfit studio to modify it?

Falling through the floor is usually an indication of skeleton or constraint issues. Often the bone that SMP is attaching to does not exist so the physics object just falls into oblivion :wink:, your hdt physics logs should have some entries in them about not being able to find bones if this is the case

Edited by treota

Having done some more testing, it seems the falling through the floor problem seems to have been related to me selecting every clothing mesh and applying all of the new body's bone weights to all of them. Looking around, there seems to be a limit (80) on how many bones a mesh can have before things break down. Being a bit more selective, i,e. only copying over weights for bones the mesh in question already had seems to have eliminated my thigh melting/falling to the center of the earth problems, but the physics still aren't working properly after I'm done swapping bodies and reshaping the clothing, conforming sliders, editing weights and so on. There's a lot of twitching and vibrating going on.

I wondered if Outfit Studio is just somehow unable to even handle SMP bones properly, so I simply saved a project without any edits and built it in Bodyslide. Things seemed normal in game compared to the same outfit built from a project file untouched by Outfit Studio, but comparing my ShapeData .nif to the original in Nifskope, nodes have been moved around for seemingly no reason.

I've converted a bunch of non-SMP outfits from one body to another with Outfit Studio and thought I had a handle on this stuff . I guess I could just strip the SMP bones, but man, what a downgrade that'd be : / The outfit I did these last few tests with is already Bodyslideable so I assume the author managed to work with Outfit Studio somehow.