Where's Daughters of ARES?

b133d4u

What was the latest version of the mod? As in the final version to be released before the mod got deleted from Nexus because I want to know if the one I got in my MODSTOADD folder is the latest or if I might have game problems if I try to install it.

Thanks

PS: On a side note. Even if you erased the mod, it can be recovered with a number of free programs lying around the net. As long as you didn't copy 30+ times the same sector or didn't PHYSICALLY break your harddrive, it can be done.

PS2: In my opinion, mods that HAVE been uploaded at one time (as long as they don't infringe copyright laws) to the net should have a Statutes of limitations deal. Like after 10 years, it can be uploaded just having to credit the author's. It's like facebook, if you don't want your pix out there, don't up them.

Mods should not die with there creators.

When I die I want my stuff to be given away, I don't want to be buried with it.

Just my opinion.

Happy moddin'

• 4 weeks later...

What was the latest version of the mod? As in the final version to be released before the mod got deleted from Nexus because I want to know if the one I got in my MODSTOADD folder is the latest or if I might have game problems if I try to install it.

Thanks

PS: On a side note. Even if you erased the mod, it can be recovered with a number of free programs lying around the net. As long as you didn't copy 30+ times the same sector or didn't PHYSICALLY break your harddrive, it can be done.

PS2: In my opinion, mods that HAVE been uploaded at one time (as long as they don't infringe copyright laws) to the net should have a Statutes of limitations deal. Like after 10 years, it can be uploaded just having to credit the author's. It's like facebook, if you don't want your pix out there, don't up them.

Mods should not die with there creators.

When I die I want my stuff to be given away, I don't want to be buried with it.

Just my opinion.

Happy moddin'

The latest version of Doa is 2.2.0.0, i have a copy still.

Thankfully someone posted a dropbox link for me to download, but as has been mentioned, that is illegal and it appears that user has been removed. I feel bad for being the cause of that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The easiest way to get this back, or a version of it back, is if someone where to contact the mod author, and ask them to write to the managers of Nexus, and allow you to post the mod. Barring this permission, if found elsewhere where the mod author is active, then you can get it there. Unless the mod author has clearly stated this, "You can not distribute this mod in any fashion," or something similar, you can share it via something like e-mail. However, I am going to caution you people that this can be piracy if the mod author has stated this, if you have changed it and removed their copyright, or anything else. It has to be in the original format, with everything the mod author had in it, originally. It is not piracy if the mod author only states something like you can not post this anywhere but these places, if you e-mail it. That is all you can do, is e-mail. However, if there is no clear indication of how the mod is to be treated, you can share it via any means you want to. I have, hopefully, covered all the legal stuff without going too far.

To be further technical on this, you can't even play this game, or any other, on more than one machine. This is, in essence, piracy. There used to be codes that you received when you bought games. They could be used over and over, on the same machine, but you couldn't put it on one machine, then put it on another, because you needed another code.

My point is this, talk to the mod author, and ask his permission to upload the mod again. Barring that, just play it safe, and don't distribute it.

Unless the mod author has clearly stated this, "You can not distribute this mod in any fashion," or something similar, you can share it via something like e-mail.

no they do not have to do that. unless they clearly say "you can distribute this mod" you cannot share it in any way as that is mod piracy.

It is not piracy if the mod author only states something like you can not post this anywhere but these places, if you e-mail it.

yes it is piracy.

That is all you can do, is e-mail.

no you cannot.

However, if there is no clear indication of how the mod is to be treated, you can share it via any means you want to. I have, hopefully, covered all the legal stuff without going too far.

again mod piracy.

• 1 month later...