Money Mod

letterbomb815

the price for buying items can be found in items/def_prices.xml. If you open up one of the def_item_[type].xml files you'll see the tag in there that assigns price to an item. Problem is that there doesn't seem to be a file to define sell prices so i can only assume it's coded to calculate sell price based off the buy price.

quite possibly done in the action script of the UI swf. files. wont know for some time.

Sorry for asking but could you explain this in steps please?

From what I gather your saying that you can change prices by editing the .xml?

How exactly do I do just that?

Many thanx in advance!!!

i was saying that def_prices.xml defines the prices for which items can be bought from vendors.

<ability name="Price_5">
		<item_price mult="false" always_random="false" min="5" max="5"/>
	</ability>

<ability name="Price_7">
		<item_price mult="false" always_random="false" min="7" max="7"/>
	</ability>

however there is no file defining the price at which items can be sold to vendors. That is calculated

with an inbuilt ratio that we don't seem to be able to access yet. However some smarty pants found

a work around by adding

<price_mult mult="false" always_random="false" min="0.215" max="0.215"/>

to a talisman which reduces the ratio to 5:1.. buy for 5000, sell for 1000.

http://www.witchernexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=67

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

After poking around, I found a way to do it. I figured I would post how, in case anyone else had the same question:

Step 1: Download Cheat Engine

http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php

Step 2: Follow These Steps

Load up your game and alt tab back to your desktop then follow the instructions below using Cheat Engine.

1. Select your process as witcher2.exe.

2. Make sure your scan type is set to exact value and set your value type to 4 bytes.

3. Enter your current oren count where it says value and hit first scan.

4. Alt tab back in-game and spend some orens on a cheap item.

5. Alt tab back to Cheat Engine and type in your new oren count then press next scan.

6. Repeat this process until you only have one address left in the sidebar on the left.

7. Double click on the address and it will move to the list in the bottom.

8. Double click on the value in the list and change it to whatever you want your oren count to be.

You sir are a f***ing god!

I have looked EVERYWHERE!!! for some trainer or some sort of hack to get JUST money in the game. Nothing else. Quests reward me with s*** all and I'd like some more Orens for my effort.

Thanks to you SO MUCH!!!

Man I wasted hours with trainers that wouldn't work, or didn't have a money option...

• 4 years later...

After poking around, I found a way to do it. I figured I would post how, in case anyone else had the same question:

Step 1: Download Cheat Engine

http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php

Step 2: Follow These Steps

Load up your game and alt tab back to your desktop then follow the instructions below using Cheat Engine.

1. Select your process as witcher2.exe.

2. Make sure your scan type is set to exact value and set your value type to 4 bytes.

3. Enter your current oren count where it says value and hit first scan.

4. Alt tab back in-game and spend some orens on a cheap item.

5. Alt tab back to Cheat Engine and type in your new oren count then press next scan.

6. Repeat this process until you only have one address left in the sidebar on the left.

7. Double click on the address and it will move to the list in the bottom.

8. Double click on the value in the list and change it to whatever you want your oren count to be.

Thanks for this cheat engine it work great, at first glance it seemed complicated process but it really is easy, thanks again

• 1 year later...

Is there a way to get infinite money (orens)? Or a way to edit your save game file, to tweak your total money?

I know this is cheating. But to be honest, I just want to play the game for the story at least on one run through. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

I know this is an old, old thread but I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Letterbomber815. The cheat worked perfectly. :)

• 1 year later...

Apparently the money is very difficult to make a mod for. I also spent a lot of time looking for a mod, then a Cheat Engine cheat table.

This process is very very simple (for someone who uses Cheat Engine regularly).

The one place where I think people need more direction is right at the start, when he says 'select your process'. DO NOT use the drop-down from File menu bar; instead click on the flashing monitor. That's where you'll find your process (and others that you're running.)

Where he says to enter the number of orens you have, he wants you to put that value in the text box labelled 'Value'. It's immediately above the 'Scan Type' and 'Value Type' dropdown menus. Ignore the word 'Hex', he's using Ascii, not Axii.

The 'First Scan' and 'Next Scan' buttons are just above the text box.

I hope that information helps you make it an easy process.

Edited by Seshat