If the BOS wins, is the NCR in trouble?

CyrusAmell

It would seem quotes don't do well on phones. Anyway, blowback would be an issue. And its not a very black op if i waste half a town for corn. The Brotherhood would be held responsible for me going rogue, and rightly so. I may misremember the dialogue choices, it's been a while and I only did the one question of it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and they would dispense justice regardless of your rank because you broke the rules. You won't get a pat on the head and told "You tried to help" you would most likely get imprisoned or executed. The same thing would happen with any organization.

The organization isn't responsible for you going rogue but they are responsible for enforcing justice. You alone as an individual acted without orders from the higher ups to kill settlers. Again, this isn't the case of "the BoS killing innocent people" it's a case of "One member went rogue"

Edited by CiderMuffin

• 2 weeks later...

Now for my tuppence.

First:

I agree with the assessment that the BoS is doomed and that they will eventually bring themselves down. They don't need the NCR or the Enclave or Raiders or Super Mutants to kill them off. Their CODEX dictates that the BoS not deal with savages and; as Veronica pointed out, the local chapters do not have a viable breeding population. The BoS will slowly evaporate into non-existence. In a word, extinction.

And ICYMI, I particularly enjoyed the comments by @RattleAndGrind I read somewhere, He pointed out that the BoS willingly and deliberately violated their own CODEX without consequence. Liberty Prime and tactical nuclear weapons VIOLATE THE CODEX. But the Brotherhood of Steel had absolutely no reservations about using this proscribed technology against the Enclave and (depending on you ending) the Institute. Tsk tsk. I thought I was the only one that saw that hypocrisy.

Second:

I agree with the assessment that the NCR is just too formidable an opponent for the BoS. With their limited numbers and limited sustaining resources (Veronica was scrounging for food), the BoS is no match for the NCR. All the NCR needs do is surround all known BoS locations and starve them out; or just blast the bunkers closed and put up a headstone. Here Lies the Brotherhood of Steel; Buried Alive; Dead to the World.

Third:

I agree with the assessment that the Enclave is alive and well and hiding in a silo somewhere out in the dark hinderlands of North America. They are just too stubborn and stupid to die off. And they are just too dedicated to allow themselves to be forced into extinction. I seem to remember listening to a conversation (maybe via wireless or maybe in my head) as I was crawling thought the crawler which sounded to me as though the crawler was getting orders from elsewhere.

And don't bother with all those supposed "facts" and 'lore" and "canon". That is my OPINION, and I am sticking too it.

Edited by FriedGeoduck