Unable to use ENBoost

JimmyRJump

As it says in the header, I am unable to use ENBoost on Skyrim. After installation (followed all the necessary steps as seen in this video) all I get is a "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)." error when hitting the launcher (which goes through SKSE).

Besides SKSE, I use FNIS Behaviour 6.2 and Wrye Bash in combination with Kapaer's "Safety Load" mod.

PC-specs:

• Intel i7-3770k CPU
  • AsRock Z77 Extreme11 mainboard
  • Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 4x4GB RAM@1600MHz
  • MSI R7970 Lightning (non-GHz edition)
  • Windows 7 64-bits edition OS

Launching the game either through SKSE or NMM always gives the "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)."

Launching through Wrye Bash gives an initiation (a flash of the small black prompt-sized screen follow by a flash of a black full screen) but after that nothing happens and nothing Skyrim related shows in Process Explorer (my Task Manager replacement).

Disabling the "Safety Load" mod doesn't change anything. Uninstalling ENBoost brings everything back to 'normal' and lets me start the game without errors and/or glitches.

Reason why I tried ENBoost is that, despite Safety Load, my game freezes on occasion, always when I'm on the brink of crossing the 3GB of V-RAM use (GPU has a limit of 3GB; behaviour monitored through MSI-Afterburner on my G19 keyboard's display). I prefer the occasional CTD over a freeze anytime, since, with the latter, I often can't get rid of the game's screen through "ctrl/alt/del" and starting Process Explorer cuz the game's screen persists in hiding the taskbar and stays on top of everything I open...

I've added "Safety Load" a couple of days ago when I started to experience loading loops as well as start-up loops where the game kept showing different tips without any progression.

I've toned down from 202 to 184 active mods with 149 active PlugIns because of too many random CTD during the game. CTD have diminished, but now I'm getting these freezes and ENBoost refuses to co-operate.

Everytime I've added/deleted one or more mods, I run Wrye Bash to get a new bashed patch.

Anybody any ideas, or would you like more info?

Okay, so, thanks to BUCKin_FL who had some questions about ENBoost, I found out I needed to use the "Injector" version of ENBoost, instead of the "Wrapper" version as explained in the YouTube guide I watched.

Once I installed the ENBoost Injector and ran its exe, Skyrim booted normally. Except that now, the game became a stutter-fest... looks like some tweaking will need to be done.

• 1 year later...