Help with leveled lists

chrismcelroy1

Trying to create more people who buy and sell stuff, like hunters, farmers, and herders selling hides, meat, etc., some items from other mods. What's the easiest way to add a few items for them to sell?

I created a leveled list to add to their inventory, thinking they would pull multiple items from the list, but they only pull 1 item and the number of that item that I put in, like -10 of the same item.

If they only carry 10 items, do I have to make a separate leveled list for each item and the chance of it appearing?

Do I have to add the items directly without leveled lists?

I'm creating a lot of them and want other merchants to sell items from other mods.

Looking for the easiest way to do this.

Suggestions?

Check if their class allows them to sell all the items you gave them.

Create a chest and determine its owner by double-clicking on it in the render-window.

For an instant respawn give a number with a - before.

Edited by Oblivionaddicted

It confirms what I was saying, but also brings up another question I'll have to test for unless someone already knows and can help. If I want a chance for 200 arrows to show up in a random list, do I just add the type of arrows once and put 200 next to it, or does that 200 mean the level and not the quantity?

I'm pretty sure that the 200 value would be checked against the PC's level for whether that item can appear.

I think what might work is to have one levelled list set-up as standard:

1    Corkbulb_arrow_list
2    Chitin_arrow_list
2    Iron_arrow_list
Where the entries are other levelled lists.

In (e.g.) Corkbulb_arrow_list you'd have "Calculate For Each Item In Count" checked, Set Chance None to 0 then have:

1    Corkbulb arrow
1    Corkbulb arrow
1    Corkbulb arrow
[...]
1    Corkbulb arrow
For however many instances you want.

So, I think what would happen would be lvl 1 PC would open container, game realises it needs to populate container with entry from Corkbulb_arrow_list, and then populates container with however many items are on that second list.

IIRC, adding a levelled item directly to an NPC inventory can cause problems (the levelled list isn't properly resolved. I think{/i]. Hrm... but how does MCA work then? Dunno, needs testing).

Some mods I've seen add their levelled list(s) to a container, assign ownership of the container to the NPC and then the container's contents are used for the bartering window.

Have a look for Sandman101's HELLUVA series of mods, his HELLUVA Merchant Containers ESM could save you some work if you're looking to add to the game's merchants.