That, plus, add a potato cannon! And potato battery clusters! :laugh:

Hm, if potatos were available very early in the game already, potato batteries just might work as your first power source. You need 1 potato, 1 copper, 1 steel (since there is no tin), and get 1 power. Just enough to power the radio beacon or get some light. Maybe even less than 1, if that is possible.

Love it! :laugh:

Did you know that a single potato has enough power to run GLADoS? Maybe someone could mod in a quest where you find the first potato and unlock the Seed Vault with the help of a computer attached to said potato!

Just have a stand alone light that includes a potato in the crafting, so you don't need to run a wire to it, which costs an additional copper.

So, having a "tomato looking plant" that is actually descended from the potato wouldn't work that way. While both plants are nightshade varietals, potatoes are tubers, and not fruit. The potato plant DOES have fruit, and these fruit are filled with the same neurotoxin that potatoes tend to contain when they've greened, yet in much higher concentration, as with the rest of the plant.

That, plus, add a potato cannon! And potato battery clusters! :laugh:

Hm, if potatos were available very early in the game already, potato batteries just might work as your first power source. You need 1 potato, 1 copper, 1 steel (since there is no tin), and get 1 power. Just enough to power the radio beacon or get some light. Maybe even less than 1, if that is possible.

Love it! :laugh:

Did you know that a single potato has enough power to run GLADoS? Maybe someone could mod in a quest where you find the first potato and unlock the Seed Vault with the help of a computer attached to said potato!

Just have a stand alone light that includes a potato in the crafting, so you don't need to run a wire to it, which costs an additional copper.

So, having a "tomato looking plant" that is actually descended from the potato wouldn't work that way. While both plants are nightshade varietals, potatoes are tubers, and not fruit. The potato plant DOES have fruit, and these fruit are filled with the same neurotoxin that potatoes tend to contain when they've greened, yet in much higher concentration, as with the rest of the plant.

I completely agree. But it seems that 'Radiation' takes the place of 'Magic' in this series.

Honestly, I can accept the Ghouls, Radstags, and others. But it annoys me to try and accept that a fruit and a tuber could somehow be hybridized.

Honestly, I can accept the Ghouls, Radstags, and others. But it annoys me to try and accept that a fruit and a tuber could somehow be hybridized.

You could argue that the genes responsible for building the starch and stuff inside the tuber are misfiring and making the plant build it inside of the fruits instead. Or that the plant is actually growing roots inside it's fruits

Would it be OP to have the potato plant provide as many potatoes as it does in real life? That's talking 3-6 potatoes, depending upon size.

There is such a thing as too much realism. We actually grew potatoes when I was little, they take the whole summer to grow and you need a HUGE field (several hundreds of plants) in order to have a sensible output. Also if I remember correctly it was more like 5-10 per plant.

Would it be OP to have the potato plant provide as many potatoes as it does in real life? That's talking 3-6 potatoes, depending upon size.

There is such a thing as too much realism. We actually grew potatoes when I was little, they take the whole summer to grow and you need a HUGE field (several hundreds of plants) in order to have a sensible output. Also if I remember correctly it was more like 5-10 per plant.

Very true. I used to live in Idaho, specifically in the Seed Potato Capitol. Ridiculously huge tracts of land just for potatoes (although they were rotated to ensure the soil didn't die out).

So again, think it would be a bad idea to have one plant in-game produce more than one potato?

So, looking through a few sites on what vegetables/fruit would/can grow in Massachusetts, I found a handy list.

http://localfoods.about.com/od/searchbyregion/a/masssesasons.htm

So perhaps a plant overhaul is in order? Add in some more veg and fruit? Perhaps it would be a collab?

Who knows? If I can, I will try to find my 3D program and dust off my (meager) skills.

• 2 weeks later...

potatos where also in fallout 3 in the rivet city science lab, so im calling bulls*** on that one scribe.

I thought I remembered potatoes on the a same table with the apples and pears, but I no longer trust my old memory. I was going start a game and check it out, but I got sidetracked. Thank you for doing the research I was going to do.

Very true. I used to live in Idaho, specifically in the Seed Potato Capitol. Ridiculously huge tracts of land just for potatoes (although they were rotated to ensure the soil didn't die out).

So again, think it would be a bad idea to have one plant in-game produce more than one potato?

A Mutfruit tree provides only one fruit. A corn stock only gives one ear of corn. A Tato plant provides one Tato. A Siltbean plant provides only one bean. A Hudflower plant only yields one bloom.

One potato per potato plant seems reasonable.

:laugh: