Email issues

Dark0ne

Update:

We believe this issue was fixed at 2am this morning (since then our mail server has sent over 6,000 emails). Please contact us if you do not think this is the case.

Original news post:

Hi folks,

This is a quick update to let you know we're aware of an issue affecting our email delivery at the moment. A quick check of our stats shows our external mail provider (Amazon SES) has delivered no emails over the past 24 hours. We send emails for registration activation, private message notifications, tracked forum topics and so on and so forth. This will likely be related to recent security updates we've installed on our servers.

We're working on getting this fixed up (not least because it means no one can register a new account on the site until this is fixed), so please be patient.

I apologise for the delay. I've been travelling up to and then subsequently at a friend's wedding all day so I haven't been able to read the myriad (over 1,000) support tickets people have sent me on the issue. Due to the sheer amount of people who have sent in tickets, I apologise but I won't be able to personally respond to each one. Hopefully you can appreciate why!

Either way, we'll get this fixed up as soon as possible.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #40542075.

Dark0ne wrote: Hi folks,

This is a quick update to let you know we're aware of an issue affecting our email delivery at the moment. A quick check of our stats shows our external mail provider (Amazon SES) has delivered no emails over the past 24 hours. We send emails for registration activation, private message notifications, tracked forum topics and so on and so forth. This will likely be related to recent security updates we've installed on our servers.

We're working on getting this fixed up (not least because it means no one can register a new account on the site until this is fixed), so please be patient.

I apologise for the delay. I've been travelling up to and then subsequently at a fiend's wedding all day so I haven't been able to read the myriad (over 1,000) support tickets people have sent me on the issue. Due to the sheer amount of people who have sent in tickets, I apologise but I won't be able to personally respond to each one. Hopefully you can appreciate why!

This may be something small, but sometimes when I go to use the nexus forums, I am forced to re-sign in again, despite the fact that I have saved my password so that I dont have to log in each time I use it.

Is this normal for other users, or just something that happens from time to time?

I wonder what a Fiend wedding is like, do you have to wear a costume?

Just kidding :)

edit: rick0307 beat me to it Lol

Edited by Jebbalon

In response to post #40542075. #40542395 is also a reply to the same post.

Dark0ne wrote: Hi folks,

I apologise for the delay. I've been travelling up to and then subsequently at a friend's wedding all day so I haven't been able to read the myriad (over 1,000) support tickets people have sent me on the issue. Due to the sheer amount of people who have sent in tickets, I apologise but I won't be able to personally respond to each one. Hopefully you can appreciate why!

majormodder wrote: This may be something small, but sometimes when I go to use the nexus forums, I am forced to re-sign in again, despite the fact that I have saved my password so that I dont have to log in each time I use it.

Is this normal for other users, or just something that happens from time to time?

Yes, I noticed that too, probably the cookie for the forums has a validity time set.

Honestly, this is all I really wanted. It was quite frustrating when I see posts like "this site handles thousands of users so there's no problem." In any event, knowing you guys have pinpointed and are working on it is quite a relief to me.