The Unassignable Settlers Bug

pra

Did I accuse you of having a small member or something? I don't understand what this irrational insistence that multiple people must be wrong because it didn't happen to you personally is? I'm not "fighting the corner of the bug people", I'm simply using rational thinking and logic. I personally went to update my copy of DCMS when starting a new game. I personally read the comments and saw that a lot of people were having issues, so I decided to hold off on updating until the issue got fixed. Later on I heard from Ethreon that the mod author took the mod down to fix it. I personally confirmed that the mod was no longer available. Then I personally read the words written by more than one person who said that they personally experienced bugs with it and that they had personally read numerous comments on the mod page about the problems. Considering these people had given me no reason to conclude they were lying for the sake of some conspiracy or something, I used logic and rational thinking rather than scaremongering to conclude that the mod probably had legitimate problems that needed fixing. Is your tin hat perhaps picking up stray signals? Are there voices in your head telling you I'm part of some communist plot to prevent the world from using a mod (that I dearly love) for nefarious purposes? I know what it is! Clearly a mod author who intends to go into competition with DCMS is paying me to say bad things about it so they can charge money and earn millions for their own mod! You've caught me. :rolleyes: :wallbash: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I accuse you of having a small member or something? I don't understand what this irrational insistence that multiple people must be wrong because it didn't happen to you personally is? I'm not "fighting the corner of the bug people", I'm simply using rational thinking and logic. I personally went to update my copy of DCMS when starting a new game. I personally read the comments and saw that a lot of people were having issues, so I decided to hold off on updating until the issue got fixed.

No need to get all defensive. So I take it, you didn't experience it. But still, you take all the people saying to have issues at their word while waving off all the people that didn't. Here's a clue, the people who didn't have issues didn't comment, just endorse. How many endorsments did this mod have? It made the front page of most endorsed mods, to answer my own question.

So, you didn't have any issues, since, by own admission, you held off. But still, people ranting must have been right. Kind of ridiculous in my opinion. Might have some value if you could speak from personal experience.

Using your own argument and logic, isn't it entirely possible that many people legitimately had problems but for some reason you did not and that YOU'RE BOTH RIGHT? Can you point to a single time when I said that your claims of not having issues were wrong? Did I ever once call you a liar? You've been arguing all along that an individual's own mod setup could contribute to problems. Can you say for sure that you were using the same version of the mod that people who had problems were? Isn't it entirely possible that because you were not having issues, you didn't update to a later version of the mod? I can't prove it, but I seem to recall there being 1-2 updates around and after the time I checked on updating it myself after Nuka World came out. Maybe you didn't update to the problem version? But I think the biggest question to ask yourself is, do you honestly think you know more about the issue than the mod author themself?

It's only that I don't take comments by someone who hasn't had first hand experiences on certain issues very seriously. You root for the bugged faction without knowing if and what the mod could have done to your game. So you're playing favorites here without having any experience in what you're talking about.

So, yes, if you haven't tried the mod, I don't take your word for it.

The problem isn't that you're not taking me seriously, the problem is that you discount the experiences of people who DID have problems first hand and told you so, and that you also discount the mod author themself. I don't give a flying f@$k what you think of me, you're a random person on the internet who appears to be unable to think logically, so your opinion of me personally holds no weight for me anyway. I'm simply arguing on behalf of logic and rational thinking which is more important than you or me. :D However, it's become blatantly clear that I'm wasting my breath (or fingers as it were).

Also, to clarify, I have used the mod. I've been using the mod since February 2016. I just chose not to download an update that gave every indication of being broken because I'm not a complete moron. :P

Also, to clarify, I have used the mod. I've been using the mod since February 2016. I just chose not to download an update that gave every indication of being broken because I'm not a complete moron. :tongue:

Fine and I updated it all the way for the last 10 months.

I'm not discounting every experience but if I were to blame every bug on a particular mod, I would be very busy. Some of them I couldn't even get up and running without my game crashing at startup. Did I blame that on the mod? No. I blamed it on my configuration, since others reported it was running fine. That's why I don't take these comments seriously. I'm sure these people had problems, but can they nail it on the mod? Probably not, unless they did some very deep analysis. And. I may repeat, I had the same bug just a couple of days ago. Without the mod being installed.

I also never claimed that you couldn't have the bug without that mod. And. I may repeat, the mod author apparently did a deep enough analysis to believe that the problems actually were the result of the mod and took it down as a result. But you are unwilling to acknowledge that because it makes your argument invalid. :P

But you are unwilling to acknowledge that because it makes your argument invalid. :tongue:

First, you did say it by blaming it on that particular mod in a totally unrelated discussion. Secondly, there could be a million of different reasons for the bug to appear. I could reproduce it by placing a robot workshop at a particular settlement, producing robots there and then get it there. Do I say it's the only possible reason? Course not. But someone giving the appearance of being sure it was one particular mod is rather deserving of my doubt also and deserving, in the absence of proof, to be called out for making that claim.

While there might be other issues that cause it, this is unfortunately a known bug of Don't Call Me Settler. In fact the mod author has hidden the mod while they work on it. So if you're using that mod and it is the cause, unfortunately there isn't any known way of fixing it other than starting a new game without that mod installed. :sad:

But you are unwilling to acknowledge that because it makes your argument invalid. :tongue:

First, you did say it by blaming it on that particular mod in a totally unrelated discussion. Secondly, there could be a million of different reasons for the bug to appear. I could reproduce it by placing a robot workshop at a particular settlement, producing robots there and then get it there. Do I say it's the only possible reason? Course not. But someone giving the appearance of being sure it was one particular mod is rather deserving of my doubt also and deserving, in the absence of proof, to be called out for making that claim.

Oh you mean the very first thing I said in this totally unrelated discussion? Yes, please continue to tell me I've said things that are the opposite of what I've said. :D The company I work manufactures parts for primarily for one industry and this is our slow time of year so my coworker and I have been entertained by this conversation all afternoon. I'm actually having fun. :D