⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The Unassignable Settlers Bug

pra

I do not have DCMS and I do not have SIM and I too have this issue. . o O ( sigh .... )

So I did, for testing purpose, try disabling various DLC's from Beth. It does, at least for me ... seems to be the Robot DLC - Automatron.

I can say this, because when I disable the DLC, as in - it was not in the initial load of the New Game, problem GONE and thus NO ISSUE. But when I turn it back on ... yup, problem is there. So as frustrating as this is, I have decided to " live with it " and ' cus out Beth every time ' and I dream of sending them a BIG BAD ROBOT to " teach them a lesson " ... :wink:

Yes my load order is correct and NO UOFO4P does not fix the problem.

.. Jj

Did you start a new save, or is your "bugged" save fixed? I started a new character a while ago to see if the settler problem is repeatable but so far I haven't had any problems. I don't have nearly as many settlements yet, so I'm holding my breath. I just tried disabling "DLCRobot.esm" in NMM and running my problem character and the problem still seems to be there. Disabling all the DLC has the same result. I think I'll back up my save and try the "dead plot bug" fix next, even though I don't have that mod installed.

.. Sorry, I missed not giving the answer to your question:

Yes, when I go to do " trouble shooting ", I use a clean - new - game.

.. Jj ...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not have DCMS and I do not have SIM and I too have this issue. . o O ( sigh .... )

So I did, for testing purpose, try disabling various DLC's from Beth. It does, at least for me ... seems to be the Robot DLC - Automatron.

I can say this, because when I disable the DLC, as in - it was not in the initial load of the New Game, problem GONE and thus NO ISSUE. But when I turn it back on ... yup, problem is there. So as frustrating as this is, I have decided to " live with it " and ' cus out Beth every time ' and I dream of sending them a BIG BAD ROBOT to " teach them a lesson " ... :wink:

Yes my load order is correct and NO UOFO4P does not fix the problem.

.. Jj

Did you start a new save, or is your "bugged" save fixed? I started a new character a while ago to see if the settler problem is repeatable but so far I haven't had any problems. I don't have nearly as many settlements yet, so I'm holding my breath. I just tried disabling "DLCRobot.esm" in NMM and running my problem character and the problem still seems to be there. Disabling all the DLC has the same result. I think I'll back up my save and try the "dead plot bug" fix next, even though I don't have that mod installed.

One of the things I started to notice is - there is a SERIOUS and I do mean SERIOUS DELAY when I assign a job. Like .... I come back the ' next FO day ' and will get a prompt, " this task has been assigned " and sure enough .. the person I gave it to is there ... I have NO IDEA WHY?

This happens to me too. I think it`s not likely to be related to any mods. I have noticed such thing mostly in the settlements with lots of objects and many settlers . The main thing is to wait for this message to go away and do not assign anyone else before you get the confirmation. Otherwise you can get another bug when all settlers in the settlemenet get unassigned at once.

I have not encountered the bug described in the thread. But it looks like if settlers have lost their assignement to the settlement. if you spawn settlers with console commands they have all the same problems until you assign them to some of the settlements. I`d try to use "addkeyword workshopallowcommand" command and try to move them to the current settlement. Using "SV" (showvars) command on them can help to understand what exactly got broken. But in some cases it won`t help. I had a couple of my settlers became "never sleeping settlers". This happened after assigning them either to Arena or some moded things. Managed to fix it with console commands using "setpv" function.

• 5 months later...

Happened second time to me now, cant assign or even send settlers to settlements, I usualy use the Infinite Settler bat file, spawns a settler, gives me 99 charisma, can recruite unlimitted ammount of them. But now it wont let me recruite anymore, wont even let me move them between settlements or assign them to jobs. I do have DCMS, will remove it now and go back to an old save, rly hoping DCSM was the problem, so I dont need to worry it will happen again

Edited by DimosZargarda

• 1 month later...

Happened second time to me now, cant assign or even send settlers to settlements, I usualy use the Infinite Settler bat file, spawns a settler, gives me 99 charisma, can recruite unlimitted ammount of them. But now it wont let me recruite anymore, wont even let me move them between settlements or assign them to jobs. I do have DCMS, will remove it now and go back to an old save, rly hoping DCSM was the problem, so I dont need to worry it will happen again

I'm in that exact situation. Did you ever solve your problem? I just removed DCSM, but it was installed long before this bug started. Last mod I installed was the Settlemod's pack, and now I can't move any settlers between settlements. I can however assign them to work.

/Senise

(Edited with identity)

Edited by Senise

I'm pretty certain it's DCSM's fault. I haven't experienced this bug in the current playthrough, and I'm not using DCSM.

In general, I *think* the actual issue is an infinite loop in a script somewhere. Probably in one of the workshop scripts. DCSM actually changes workshopscript, afaik.

I had somewhat similar behaviour when I forgot an i += 1 during the development of my teleportation mod once...

I'm in that exact situation. Did you ever solve your problem? I just removed DCSM, but it was installed long before this bug started. Last mod I installed was the Settlemod's pack, and now I can't move any settlers between settlements. I can however assign them to work.

/Senise

(Edited with identity)

I check the Papyrus, and settlers are both allowed to move, be commanded and assigned to caravans - only thing is, they won't do any of that.

/Senise

Edited by Senise

I'm pretty certain it's DCSM's fault. I haven't experienced this bug in the current playthrough, and I'm not using DCSM.

In general, I *think* the actual issue is an infinite loop in a script somewhere. Probably in one of the workshop scripts. DCSM actually changes workshopscript, afaik.

I had somewhat similar behaviour when I forgot an i += 1 during the development of my teleportation mod once...

Is there anyway to overwrite the scripts that DCMS changed then?

I mean, if I uninstall every single mod I have, the game included, then reinstalled the game and my mods (without DCMS) - that should fix it, right?

/Senise

Edited by Senise

I've narrowed it down to a corrupt savegame.

Going back to an earlier save, shows no sign of the problem. I can safely send settlers between settlement. But its painful, because the save is 7 hours earlier in the game.

Is there any ways to clean save games of this nonsense?

/Senise

You could try to use FallrimTools. Though I have no idea what you should be looking for. You could look under "Active Scripts" if there is one with over 50 frames, with all the entries being the same (if you unfold it with the [+]).

Then do rightclick->terminate. Save it as a new file and see if it did anything.

You could try to use FallrimTools. Though I have no idea what you should be looking for. You could look under "Active Scripts" if there is one with over 50 frames, with all the entries being the same (if you unfold it with the [+]).

Then do rightclick->terminate. Save it as a new file and see if it did anything.

Thanks man, appreciate the lead.

I'll try this and report back.

/Senise