The Unassignable Settlers Bug

pra

It's the year 2020, and I've come across this bug. I think it's really as markustray says. I have simsettlement, bettersettler, skk combat settlers, few ai mods, settlement mods. I do not have DCSM.

I think it's definitely has to do with assigning too fast.

Edited by vainth

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

So, at the moment I'm level 60. This save is from a game started in 2017 as it's my building save.

I have no issues assigning to Sim Settlements, but any other mod or vanilla object assignments it gets ignored by NPC. So digging deeper.

When I assign to a non sim settlements object I see this in Papyrus logs

[ (FF04F7A8)].workshopnpcscript.UnregisterForDistanceEvents() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (FF05010D)].workshopobjectscript.ActivatedByWorkshopActor() - "C:\Users\ghzfb\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\workshopobjectscript.psc" Line 593

[ (FF04F7A8)].workshopnpcscript.assigned.OnCommandModeGiveCommand() - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\WorkshopNPCScript.psc" Line ?

FF04F7A8 - NPCs ID

FF05010D - Id of a "corner Bar" from mod creative clutter.

So looking for that script I find it does not exist in that location.

So I find it in

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\Base\WorkshopNPCScript.psc"

I am allowing for loose scripts. However I don't understand why it would refer to the User location. The readme file under User says.

User created or modified scripts will be stored in this folder.

However I also have WorkShopFramework installed and that specifically says

Workshop code has been rewritten to no longer require the WorkshopNPCScript on actors. This means virtually every NPC in the game is a potential settler if you call the appropriate function

So generally wondering if it's trying to execute some defunct code.

• 3 weeks later...
function ActivatedByWorkshopActor(WorkshopNPCScript workshopNPC) ; WSFW 2.0.0 - Rerouting to our version that doesn't require WorkshopNPCScript ActivatedByWorkshopNPC(workshopNPC as Actor) endFunction

https://github.com/kinggath/WorkshopFramework/blob/master/Scripts/Source/User/WorkshopObjectScript.psc

So I guess that's why it works for sim settlements but not for other items

Bug in vanilla WorkshopNPCScript.psc"

It is the year 2021 and I'm also having this bug for the first time after updating to SimSettlements 2. I just wrote to say thank you to Rebelscum to do the crunchy work for all of us. This bug is really annoying, since it basically forces me to only use SimSettlements busnesses and assets, and while handy, they're not the easiest to wield when you're trying to micro a settlement.

It also breaks some quests, like the one where you need to assign minutemen to the guns in the Castle. Can't do it, the settlers just don't do anything.

• 1 month later...

Hello. Use a AIO mod, that produce power, food, water, defense and beds and you don't need to have crops at your settlement. The more AIO 100power/100 defense you create, you get more food and water also from wild plants not include at vanilla game for crops.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

10/26/21:

I ran into this bug about an hour ago (all my settlers were standing in a garden looking at the sky basically and couldnt be assigned anything)...looked it up online and of course here everyone is. I found a solution to my problem just now.

I put all the crops up in the workshop. I built five scavenging benches (I only had 5 settlers) or whatever they are called and assigned all the settlers to them one by one.

Then I set all the crops back out, and reassigned a few settlers to them and everything is fine. Not sure if this is an actual fix but it fixed my game and I was starting to trip.

I also have all of the settlement mods most of everyone has here.

My problem was at Abernathy Farm.

Cheers to everyone for their help in this thread btw.

Edited by Belgrade