Skyrim battle music wont stop playing.

SuperMajinGogeta4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same issue. Everywhere I go, all I hear is the battle music. I could be in a palace or my house or exploring a town and there's absolutely no enemies around, and it still plays, and plays....It's getting very irritating. So far, I haven't run into any solutions. Dying doesn't fix it, reloading previous saves doesn't fix it, going to certain places that I know trigger different music (taverns, fighting dragons, etc) doesn't help either. I finally started a new game, and in the new game the music is perfectly normal. However, I don't want to start over cause I've already invested so much time in my first game. :/ At this point, lowering the volume for music is the only solution. Sad, because I love the music of Skyrim and don't want it to go away. >.<

If anyone out there has a workaround, I'd greatly appreciate it. I expect that I might have to wait for the next patch though, but it doesn't hurt to ask around for some help. :D

In first place english is not my natural language so please excuse me if I say something funny.

Today I encountered this bug, after a quick search around the web I thought there were nothing I could do. Somehow a while after I found a workaround but I doubt it will work for everyone. Anyway I'm going to post it with the hope that it will bring some light upon this bug.

The language of my game its different that the language of my launcher so everytime I open the launcher the language changes to english and the game crashes. After the bug I did that.

To fix it I went to user/myuser/mydocuments/mygames/skyrim/skyrim.ini and changed the language ("ENGLISH") for my language ("SPANISH") and that solved the music problem.

My case its a little particular but I wanted to contribute in order to further improve the game.

Hope it helped.

Edited by ambarino

I've had the same problem several times. I have no idea what causes it but it's irritating because when I hear the music I get all tense and start attacking things. Yeah, it gives me an excuse to go on a killing spree until I bring myself to exit to the desktop re-launch the game. That seems to be the only way to get it to stop playing battlemusic. I just hope that Bethesda fixes this soon as I don't like having to exit out of the game completely.

I have this quite often, I have to use the console to resurrect the last creature I was fighting and kill it again to resolve it.

Has doing that worked consistently? As if it does that could be the workaround we've been looking for.

Of all the bugs that I have had to deal with this is the worst. Battle, battle, battle... and so repetitive that it is boring. Turning the music off helps but lets face it, I want the victory music, the 'You are awesome music'. etc. Surely, someone out there knows where the code is that links an action to a specific MP3 file. What command would cause this to corrupt? what command would override normal MP3 play? Please, someone help.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I think it has to do with something that happened in the game...

*SPOILER*

I was helping the Stormcloacks attack Whiterun and was already inside the city. I was running past my house, when I had the idea to try to take a quick nap, so I could heal quickly without using my potions. It was possible for me to go to sleep for an hour, but when I awoke... Astrid from the Dark Brotherhood was standing over me. Now I had to complete the quest where I decide which of the three prisoners to kill. I was far away from Whiterun... Suddenly, I received notification that the quest for attacking Whiterun was completed, and so I was able to proceed with the Dark Brotherhood quest.

*SPOILER*

Unfortunately, the battle music that was playing in Whiterun then never stopped. I'm now much further into the game, so going back to an old save game file is not possible. I hope there is some other way to fix this, because while turning down the music volume is possible, I'd much rather have the music playing normally and listen to tracks other than the battle music.