BioWare Continuity Network (BCN) - Preserving the BSN

moho25

Sometimes they do that; you will see a mod you previously did on the next page. Tomorrow I will be working on the Completed Project by ID tab. Do not worry much about that, I will be keeping an eye making sure we do not miss projects. After all the manual downloading and mass page indexing I had to take a break. Tomorrow back in full force.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes they do that; you will see a mod you previously did on the next page. Tomorrow I will be working on the Completed Project by ID tab. Do not worry much about that, I will be keeping an eye making sure we do not miss projects. After all the manual downloading and mass page indexing I had to take a break. Tomorrow back in full force.

Cool beans. I guess people are still downloading stuff and the database is updating accordingly? Glad you're back (tomorrow) and hope you had a good rest after all that work. Same goes to everyone, an amazing amount of work and effort!

Tarshana, I added a table to the project ID list, what do you think ? It should reduce the amount of manual work needed for this sheet, and give results automatically/instantly. Still needs some work though, there are some things I can't figure out with spreadsheets, like how to merge the columns, or how to remove the "N/A" output. Edited by CreeperLava

I have no idea what it is even doing LOL I just hopped back on and I thought I broke it lol!

I think for those values we might have to wait, but I have no idea. I do not do much with spreadsheets except insert data or create local office ones for simple projects. I think we should hold off on that for right now because I am using it for keeping track of the invalid files as I go one by one and cross checking for pages that have shifted and some mods are caught in the middle of a shift. I do not understand the "match criteria." Is it cross referencing all pages and the utilities? If it just cross referencing I will ignore it for now and keep using it as I was :P

Well, that was fun. I updated this little project, it should work pretty well now. What it does :

- Check each project ID from the list of all project IDs

- First against the table on the left, in the same sheet. If it encounters an "invalid" mod, it outputs that

- Then against all the other sheets. If it finds a mod that corresponds to the ID (thus, that has been inventorized), it displays the name of the mod

- Else, it displays "todo", since it means the project hasn't been inventorized yet

Hopefully it will be helpful :smile:.

You can ignore all columns but the "Total" one, the others are just here because I don't know how to merge my search in one column. If you want to add rows, just select the last row of the table and drag down.

Edited by CreeperLava

I just finished with page 173. I need to take a break for a day or two my brain and eyes are bleeding.

I am having issues finding the NWN modules on the vault; I keep getting time outs and I think it might be my VPN so I can try again at work or something.