Radio Freedom still bugged?

junktabot

There's been a persistent bug with Radio Freedom since the game launched where any attack on The Castle could cause the radio operator to get up, permanently disabling Radio Freedom (which not only makes artillery strikes impossible, but also makes it impossible to complete certain quests like Old Guns). There was a workaround for a while that involved using console commands to allow assignment of a different Minuteman to the radio console.

This bug was supposedly fixed in 1.3, however it still seems to exist. My radio operator got up and I can't find any way to get him, or anyone else, to sit back down at the radio. The old workaround doesn't seem to work, either; instead of sending a different Minuteman to the radio, any other Minuteman assigned to the radio will now just freeze in place and won't go anywhere.

Has anyone found a solution for this issue?

Note: I've already tried all the basic stuff, like making sure there's adequate power, or that it's connected properly. That's not the issue. The issue is with the operator getting up and never sitting back down.

You should look for a setstage command that advances the quests you need to finish.

Also be aware that the guy is also connected to the chair he uses. Scrapping the chair to replace it with another one makes the radio go belly-up, even when the operator sits in/on the new chair.

Well, the problem is that even if I use a command to complete the quest, I'll still be forever unable to use call artillery strikes. That's the main frustration for me.

I have no experience with that as I've never used the possibility to call for artillery strikes. Got a mod that boosts turret damage to 20 and 25 per unit, so, no need for the artillery...

I don't know the fix you've already tried but do any of these apply to you....

The Minuteman in charge of broadcasting Radio Freedom may complain that the transmitter is not being powered despite having power, usually after starting the Old Guns quest. This is accordingly due to the Minuteman becoming hostile to Sarge in the Castle tunnels and so should be able to be prevented by eliminating Sarge before Old Guns. Otherwise, this prevents use of Radio Freedom.[verified]

Tuning into Radio Freedom after throwing the smoke grenade may cause the broadcaster to leave his post and refuse to return. [verified] To fix:

• Open up console using ~
  • Select the radio transmitter (hex value should be 0009FF48[EP])
  • Type: setpapyrusvar bAllowPlayerAssignment True.
  • Assign any settler to the radio transmitter; this should force the minute man to sit down and start using it again.

The Minuteman in charge of broadcasting Radio Freedom may complain that the transmitter is not being powered despite having power, usually after starting the Old Guns quest. This is accordingly due to the Minuteman becoming hostile to Sarge in the Castle tunnels and so should be able to be prevented by eliminating Sarge before Old Guns. Otherwise, this prevents use of Radio Freedom.[verified]

Tuning into Radio Freedom after throwing the smoke grenade may cause the broadcaster to leave his post and refuse to return. [verified]To fix:

• Assign any settler to the radio transmitter; this should force the minute man to sit down and start using it again.

Crikey, I just discovered I posted this very same solution on the 24th of March in another topic about this matter :D

Tuning into Radio Freedom after throwing the smoke grenade may cause the broadcaster to leave his post and refuse to return. [verified]To fix:

Coincidentally, I did kill Sarge before starting Old Guns.

As for the fix that involves using console commands to assign a settler to the transmitter, I tried it but it does not work. Whenever I tell a different settler to go there, that settler will just stand still, and the original NPC still fails to sit down.

Coincidentally, I did kill Sarge before starting Old Guns.

As for the fix that involves using console commands to assign a settler to the transmitter, I tried it but it does not work. Whenever I tell a different settler to go there, that settler will just stand still, and the original NPC still fails to sit down.

Those were two seperate bug quotes sorry, so the way i read that was that, if he won't sit down cause you killed Sarge, then there is no known fix :/

How long ago was it? Can you not reload a save before you killed Sarge?