Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

Thanks! And....

EUREKA! I spent *days* trying to fix this bug 6 years ago, and never managed it.

New fix:

B3. (v3.0) You will no longer get stuck with a "Signed Rod of Fire Request Form" in your plot items during the Mage Origin.

This was a BEAR. It wasn't like all the other plot item removal fixes where the script simply never called the item to be destroyed. The script to do it is there, it just didn't work - and only sometimes. Six years ago, I was beaten by the fact that I couldn't replicate the bug consistently. Sometimes it happened, sometimes it didn't. Finally figured it out! Woohoo! /nerdflex

I suspect the solution will be widely applicable to a lot of other "stuck item" bugs in the game. Gonna have fun with this one. EDIT: Nope. Bummer. Appears to be a completely unique situation. Oh well, at least *this* one finally got fixed properly.

Edited by Qwinn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more Lothering goodness:

E9. (v3.0) Restored a couple of bugged interjections by Leliana in the party's first conversation with Sten, and when threatening the Revered Mother.

E10. (v3.0) Fixed bug that prevented Ser Bryant from greeting Leliana.

E11. (v3.0) If you had Leliana or Sten in your party whenever you talked to Ser Bryant (well, if he noticed Leliana - see previous fix), he would always forget having met you the next time you talked to him.

E12. (v3.0) Fixed a bug that prevented Alistair from introducing you to Ser Donall if he was with you the first time you meet. This includes a small bit of discussion of Teyrn Loghain you couldn't see previously.

Edited by Qwinn

Hey Qwinn, since your fixes extend to bugs with convo-triggered plot items like the Rod o' Fire request, would you consider fixing the one that causes the "Ancient Elven Boots" to fail to appear in the closet in the Lothering Chantry even after you talk Ser Bryant into providing assistance and he gives you the key?

'Course if you do that, my only really popular contribution to DAO mods would no longer be necessary! (Oh well, I wasn't the original author anyway. :teehee: )

Hi Thandal,

My version 1.0 fixed that bug.

What I've been listing so far in this thread is only what will be added in the new version v3.0 when it's finally released. I'm gonna estimate it'll take a month or three, since I'm gainfully employed now and live with a girlfriend, neither of which was true 6 years ago, heh.

That one isn't conversation related, btw. The cabinet container file simply didn't have the boots listed in its inventory. Adding the boots to the cabinet container file makes them show up with nothing else needed.

Edited by Qwinn

Tonight's assortment, all still in Lothering (this should be about done for Lothering, moving on soon):

E13. (v3.0) In the Dane's Refuge encounter with Loghain's men, if you had anyone in your party with you, you could only ask "Why do you think we're traitors?" if you already knew the answer. If you were alone, it worked correctly.

E14 (v3.0) Two minor characters in Dane's Refuge with one-line responses would randomly fail to respond when you clicked on them.

E15. (v3.0) Fixed bug that would cause the Helpful Refugee outside of the tavern to always ask you if you're the one who cleared out the bandits, even if the bandits were still there.

Edited by Qwinn

Ok cool, was afraid I was mostly talking to myself in here :wink:

Turns out there's a couple more little bugs in Lothering, both involving Sten.

E16. "The Qunari Prisoner". Per the Dragon Age Wiki: "Bug! If The Warden gets the key by intimidation, Sten will be surprised that the Revered Mother agreed to part with the key. He suspects The Warden has stolen the key off her, and sometimes you can't deny it, even if you didn't steal it." This is fixed.

However, this leads to another issue I'm not sure what to do about. As the wiki points out, you do have the option to tell Sten that you *did* steal the key. And this option doesn't say "Lie" next to it. Problem is, you actually can't steal the key. If you try, it says "Nothing to Steal". Now, the Wiki also says this:

In older versions of the game, you may be able to steal the key from the Revered Mother. A patch has fixed this.

The "patch" link goes to the Wiki patch release notes, but it makes no mention of this actually being an intended patch. Are they just guessing it was intentional? The fact that you can claim to have stolen it would suggest to me it was intended that it *could* be stolen. Maybe a patch broke it, rather than fixed it?

I see no gameplay or scripting reasons for why you shouldn't be able to just steal the key. It wouldn't cause any problems I can see. So should I give her a key that can be stolen again, so that the line in dialogue makes sense? Or disable that line of dialogue? It seems like it should be one way or the other to be consistent. What do you guys think?

Edited by Qwinn