opal407

Whooooo boy. So I'm going to start from the beginning. Two years ago I built my first PC. Finally had the money to hop on the PC master-race bandwagon. First game I bought? Skyrim. I wanted to play Skryim at 60FPS. Loaded it up, and marveled at the ultra settings and how well everything ran. I then bought Counter Strike and met a few of my online friends who learned I played Skyrim and they asked me, "What mods do you have installed?"

Well I didn't end up sleeping that night as I went balls-deep into how to mod Skyrim. Found Gopher on YouTube and made my way here, naturally. Let's go ahead two years. I'm still modding Skyrim. I'll add mods, play through the game, finish and restart. Delete the entire Skyrim folder and redownload it and remod the game.

Well recently I started thinking "Hey, Minecraft has modpacks, maybe Skyrim does too!" My thought process is that since mods have a LOT to take into consideration. Conflicts, load orders, leveled lists, etc. Maybe someone who knows a HELL of a lot more about making mods work together decided to throw a couple hundered mods together, took the best of the best, optimized them to work amazingly together, and threw them into a .7z or .rar file for others to download and just transfer into their respected games to be able to play as well.

But...it was not to be...After a quick google I found people mention two different "mod packs". Legendary Modpack, and Skyrim Perfectly Modded. But something stuck out to me about them...They required a non-Steam version of the game. Now, I don't work for Valve, or Bethesda, but I'm pretty sure that the only way to not have Steam running with Skyrim you either have to 1. Find a work-around, which is possible with some magic and a prayer, or 2. Have a cracked version of Skyrim. Not saying that it's an illegal copy because many times people "crack" Skyrim simply to not require Steam to be running while they play, but "cracking" Skyrim is, itself, illegal if you are going to distribute it. Again, after another quick Google, a few forum posts have put my dreams of a mod pack to rest as they have more or less said that mod packs don't exist.

If anyone has any comments/thoughts/ideas please post them as I would love to know if I'm the only one who would want to see such things become available. :D

Closest thing you will get to a mod pack will be someone's instructions on how to install and modify if necessary a group of mods in order for them to work well together. Downside with this is when mods update the information in the instructions may need to be updated as well. This doesn't always happen in a timely manner, if at all.

STEP is probably the most update set of instructions for a group of mods. And even STEP is behind as their current instructions list many mods at older versions. However, they do have their own forum dedicated to seeking assistance.