Worst part in dark brotherhood?

IndorilTheGreat

The orc in the Dark Brotherhood is my favorite of the bunch. He doesn't seem to care much for the ideals of the Brotherhood beyond killing and getting paid for it.

Lucien is a bit creepy but he has more of a commanding presence later in the quests, mainly after the purification. As for the physical attraction, well, if it's not there for you, I guess you won't be drawing any fan at of him any time soon. lol

Odd to say but the second most appealing DB character for me is Vicente. Sure, he uses some of the creepy catch phrases, but he seems to have a bit of a sense of humor and I enjoy speaking with him. He's my second least favorite person to kill.

Edited by majikmonkee

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wowzers. I didn't know that this thread was still active. :blink:

I just came to the conclusion that the worst part for me was sneaking up to the Orc and the Wood Elf in the sanctuary, needing to kill them for the purification, right after hearing about their relationship. :unsure:

Draconis Mother.

I hated to kill her, so I ran around and attracted a big brown bear, ran back to the house and she started fighting it.

I left.

Eventually I got credit for the kill without seeing exactly what happened.

That strategy actually changed my whole play-style. Now whenever possible, I let others do my dirty work.

I just pick through the left overs.

Guards usually end up cleaning off the rest of the baddies. Heheheh.

Teach me your secrets. I probably wouldn't dislike him so much if it wasn't so painful to look at. I mean, why is it that the Count of Skingrad looks like an okay guy, but Vicente and any PC turns into some hideous abomination?

It's listed as a mod called vampire race disabler. It changes your files so in your Oblivion ini you can turn certain aspects on or off like skin color change, fangs, wrinkles, red eyes and so forth. Vampires can look totally normal if you want. Corrine in my signature is a full vampire but the only change is her red eyes.

I think part of the reason Vicente looks so hideous is because he's not all that great looking to begin with. If you turn off all vampire features, he still has a very narrow, odd looking face. Count Hassildor looks a little bit more normal with all of those things turned off. Plus, there's something about the lighting in his castle that's a little more flattering than in the DB sanctuary.

Edited by majikmonkee

Sorry for the double post...it was not intentional, but since I can't delete it, may as well post something new...

I used to give every sanctuary member a fighting chance and just outright attack them, but decided later it's more humane to take them out with a single stealthy attack (easier than ever with Deadly Reflex installed). I had some trouble taking down the orc head to head and wound up chopping him in half and the upper half continued to talk for a few seconds. I felt kind of bad.

Edited by majikmonkee