Worst part in dark brotherhood?

IndorilTheGreat

I hated doing the purification and Lucien's death. I put it off for a while at one point before deciding to finish the questline.

Also, it wasn't so much Faelian (the Skooma Addict) who I felt bad for (he murdered a guy just to use his house for drinking Skooma, for cryin' out loud!), it was Faelian's girlfriend; Atraena. She seemed so sad that Faelian was addicted to Skooma and she even mentioned that the drink was going to be the death of him... she didn't know how right she really was. =/ I felt sorry for her, having to be so concerned that something might happen to her boyfriend and then her boyfriend gets murdered by the DB.

I think there's a good chance that it was actually her who ordered the assasination.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated doing the purification and Lucien's death. I put it off for a while at one point before deciding to finish the questline.

Also, it wasn't so much Faelian (the Skooma Addict) who I felt bad for (he murdered a guy just to use his house for drinking Skooma, for cryin' out loud!), it was Faelian's girlfriend; Atraena. She seemed so sad that Faelian was addicted to Skooma and she even mentioned that the drink was going to be the death of him... she didn't know how right she really was. =/ I felt sorry for her, having to be so concerned that something might happen to her boyfriend and then her boyfriend gets murdered by the DB.

I think there's a good chance that it was actually her who ordered the assasination.

Good point. I never thought of that. lol. Oh well, Lucien and the Purification still stand as the worst part of me (and almost everyone else).

The worst part was the end, as I was left there all alone with a bunch of NPCs I didn't knew and nothing else to do for the quild. I felt abandoned.... :dry:

• 2 weeks later...

The lame ending. I agree with Pushkatu, I felt abandoned. It was like ok now what. My save corrupted soon after completing the quest line, I haven't bothered doing it again... What's the point? Other than the several mods allowing a continuation of it.

Also I felt bad killing that old lady in Bruma, she was just minding her own business, out in the cold wearing nothing but rags just trying to keep the soil in good enough condition to grow food. She couldn't even go out to get her children some presents, then I come along kill her and then decimate her family... Not cool...

I didnt like the way all the fun missions were the early missions. Faking the death of mottiere, killing the pirate captain, smashing baenlin's head in with another head, and getting revenge on valen dreth were all great fun, especialy walking out of dreth's cell, covered in bits of dreth, and asking a guard sweetly which way out.

the later missions got progressively more boring, and lost that fun "Im a psycho killa" flare that the first few had, it got all a bit too serious and boring. And really, killing locien lachance was just stupid: he was the only character in tamriel other than me who was awesome, I was irritated enough that I /revived him, but even then, that wasnt the worst part, the ending was aweful!

No more being payed to murder? thats a 100% paycut even though Im continuing to do my murdery job with sickening aptitude. bastages, you've made me a sad ninja.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, that was pretty evil... glad we got the traitor though :dry:

do you know about the little easter egg with the "Mothers Head" 'item' ? o_O

it's quite interesting...

I don't even consider it an easter egg; just part of the quest.