Different metals for the same armors

Zodiac19

Hello again everyone, Zodiac19, the mad pumpkin here.

I am still on my way to learning how to open and use anything in the CK, but I will get there eventually... If I get the time outside of work, class, or running errands for my Lady friend.

Anyway here's the idea: Being able to craft the same armors with different materials, Leather excluded.

Sometimes I imagine how cool it would be if I could have orcish armor made from steel early on with the same stats as steel but looking like orcish armor in a silver grey color. or even if I had Elvish armor made with orchilium, or glass, or steel. The idea is simply a retexture and mesh copy of vanilla armors made for other.

Basically just so that you can make our character look cool in other types of armor that look like higher level armors when they aren't. or so you can have a higher grade version of a lower level armor like an ebony set that looks like plate armor.

The stats of the armor are inherited from the metal the armor is made from, and the colors from the metal the armor is made from but the mesh from whichever armor is duplicated.

Ask any questions if you need to, I will happily answer and help in any way I can.

If I remember right there are already retextures of certain (not all!) armors out there that would fit to your idea. You could use these for your mod if you have the skill to make up a new .esp out of them.

For all the armors that don't have the retexture you have in mind you'll have to do it on your own because it's very very very unlikely that one of the few modders left here will do it for you.

Edited by Novem99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...