⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Download Errors (Manual and MO)

terrainer

Large files are failing to download (Skyrim Special Edition Nexus), even when doing it manually one at a time. I have noticed the download speed jumping to 0B/s then back up to normal, but overall the speed is very jumpy. I'm with iPrimus ADSL2+ in Australia. In MO, the progress just stops, whereas with downloading through Opera, I get "Download Error" (no more details). If downloading, say, 5 files at a time, at least 3 will fail within 5 minutes.

Locale Details
# My location: Australia*
# My ISP: iPrimus*
# Result of ' ping filedelivery.nexusmods.com ': Packets: Sent = 4 Recieved = 4 Lost = 0 (0% loss) Minimum = 174ms, Maximum = 203ms, Average = 185ms
# My connection speed / type: ADSL2+ 6.69Mbps
# Anything special about my connection ( e.g. load balanced or university connection ): N/A
# My Environment: Windows 10
# What Antivirus / malware used: Avast! and Malwarebytes

File Details
All mods >100mb

Only tested on SSE nexus
Downloading through Mod Organizer or Manual

Problem Details
# Please explain the problem you're experiencing in as much detail as possible: Jumpy download speeds, will eventually hit a constant 0B/s then fail. Happens quicker and more frequently with multiple downloads going.

*Someone in the UK with high speed internet also had this issue

I have a similar problem. I can not download the file 27 mb. Loading begins at ~400 kb / s, then it falls to 200, then 100, and then receive an error connection.
I'm trying to download this file. But the problems with the speed appear when attempting to download any files from the site.
At any other site I have a stable download speed of 1 Mb/s.

Loading issues are available in manual and NMM.

http://puu.sh/tMR8u.png

To download the manual, I tried to use Google chrome and maxthon 4.9 - Errors everywhere

http://puu.sh/tMSdn.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/6022973665.png

Windows 8.1

Antivirus ESET Nod 32

Ping normal.

http://puu.sh/tMSE9.png

I've updated the download issues sticky thread with a further test that would really help us. It's a download test from our CDN.

We would really appreciate it if people (including people who've already sent in reports) could test that link and see if it has the same issues already mentioned.

Thanks again.

I'm also having mod download issues

Locale Details
# My location: East Coast USA
# My ISP: Comcast
# Result of ' ping filedelivery.nexusmods.com ' (see below for instructions on how to ping): Ping Statistics; Packets sent 4, packets received 4, 0 lost, Approximate round trip time in milliseconds; Min 18, Max 40
# My connection speed / type: Download Speed 7.49 Mbps, Upload Speed 2.40 Mbps / Broadband Cable Internet
# Anything special about my connection ( e.g. load balanced or university connection ):
# My Environment: Windows 10
# What Antivirus / malware used: Windows Defender

File Details
# Mod Page: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5322760-reporting-download-problems/
# File Name: Test Download
# File URL for download: http://storage.nexusmods.com/files/1/512MB-1-0-1.rar
# Download method: US
# Downloading Via: Website and MO2

Problem Details
# Please explain the problem you're experiencing in as much detail as possible: When I download mods in Mod Organizer 2, the download freezes. When I try to download from a browser like Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, the download fails due to a network error. This problem is exclusive to anything larger than 10 MB.

Large files are failing to download (Skyrim Special Edition Nexus), even when doing it manually one at a time. I have noticed the download speed jumping to 0B/s then back up to normal, but overall the speed is very jumpy. I'm with iPrimus ADSL2+ in Australia. In MO, the progress just stops, whereas with downloading through Opera, I get "Download Error" (no more details). If downloading, say, 5 files at a time, at least 3 will fail within 5 minutes.

Same here, and, dun dun dun duuuun, I'm on iPrimus. Cancelling the "stuck" download and trying again a couple of times eventually got me a fast connection that didn't fail.

I'm currently experiencing the following long list of issues when trying to update mod pages (which I think might be related to the downloading issues?):

- when editing my (Fallout 4) mod pages and submitting the edits, I get the spinning icon for a few minutes then a "The connection was reset" error. The page does actually update though.

- when uploading a single image to my mod page, I get the spinning icon for many minutes (indefinitely?). The image gets uploaded but becomes two identical images on the server (doubled upload).

- when posting to the comments section on my mod pages, I get the spinning icon for many minutes (indefinitely?). The comment gets double-posted.

- when uploading a new mod file to my mod pages, I get the following (false positive) error: "Error. The site has run in to a problem, please look at the error message below... A file with that name already exists on the server. Please change the name of your file on the site (note: not the filename, the name in the textfield of the site)". The file does upload correctly though.

Some of these issue reports are duplicated in another thread here.