companion wont follow issue

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

JamesAutumn

JamesAutumn

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 212 posts

Any companions i recruit won't follow me into a interior cell. Any suggestions?

Here is my load order. 

Spoiler

horouboi

horouboi

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

i also have this issue... 

load order

Spoiler

Edited by horouboi, 14 March 2017 - 07:40 AM.

Fkemman11

Fkemman11

Filthy Animal

• Premium Member
  • 2,663 posts

Just one companion or all of them? Just one interior or all of them? You both have lengthy mod lists making it hard to pinpoint a problem. Part of modding is learning how to diagnose a problem through experimentation. This helps you narrow it down until you can identify the problem(s). For example on a fresh save grab Dogmeat and try to see if the problem persists or is gone. The only method I know is to uncheck boxes 5-10 mods at a time until problem stops.

To OP. It looks like you have some mods that do not work well together or cause problems. Mod conflicts can screw many things up. As a general rule when I download a mod I first check the bugs section to see what other people are saying. New mods should be tested on a new game first. These are things I have learned. Hope this helps both of you. :smile: 

horouboi

horouboi

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

well in my case, all companions and every interior and also when i go out of said interior.... i actually need to rest or sit and use the wait for any of them to show up and when they do show up they only stay in that cell and when i try to go anywhere through a loading screen... nobody follows me :sad:

edit:
i'll go make a new save and try out dogmeat with a building

edit 2: nope dogmeat won't go in and if i wait..... he'll show but if i leave the building, he won't come out

edit3: tried the old 1-10 method and still not found the reason.... -_- 

Edited by horouboi, 14 March 2017 - 10:14 AM.

JamesAutumn

JamesAutumn

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 212 posts

I usually have two companions and dogmeat follow along. I use Everyones Best Friend and the Unlmited Companion Framework thing too that comes with a companion module holotape. I've uninstalled both and tried a new save and it works but i'd love to have Dogmeat at all times cause he has dialog and interactions with my followers you wouldn't see otherwise really.

Other than uninstalling completely and reinstalling one at a time, i'm stumped.

So here are some things i've tried. 

-I've did the process of elimination. Unchecked a group of mods at a time and entered and exited cells to see if they follow along.

-Fresh save on it. Dogmeat will follow but as soon as i have piper alongside me dogmeat and piper won't travel through cells.

-F04Edit error checks and potential cleans for those with problems

-LOOT sort out but that never displayed any conflict messages

If you guys know what mods are conflicting then let me know and i'll see if i can make them coexist or not. But the problem is F04Edit and LOOT never tell me what conflict. I might have to go through one by one and read the descrips.

horouboi

horouboi

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

i only have Unlmited Companion Framework but besides that... same deal as the post above, except when i try to get any companion to go into a building cell or just past a area that needs a loading screen, they won't come with me

Fkemman11

Fkemman11

Filthy Animal

• Premium Member
  • 2,663 posts

OK. When did this start for both of you? Also, console a companion to you in an interior and then dismiss them and see what happens.

BlahBlahDEEBlahBlah

BlahBlahDEEBlahBlah

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,071 posts
Honestly, if I thought any mod would actually do it, it sounds like no navmeshes are finalized throughout the game.

I don't think that's it, that would a huge thing, just saying what I would think if this happened in a particular cell that maybe I was troubleshooting myself.

horouboi

horouboi

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

OK. When did this start for both of you? Also, console a companion to you in an interior and then dismiss them and see what happens.

how would i console them in? sorry newb here

also, i think this has been going on for.... well dam i think it might have been going on for a few weeks >_>

so should i just delete fallout 4 and just re-mod? cause i might just be screwed....

Edited by horouboi, 15 March 2017 - 10:55 AM.

Fkemman11

Fkemman11

Filthy Animal

• Premium Member
  • 2,663 posts

I've never heard of this. I mean like Blah said navmeshes in one cell or an area perhaps- but not all of them. I still think it is a mod but if you want to do a complete re-install go ahead. Sorry I cant be more help. I would suggest an alternative. Turn off all mods and start a new game again and test with no mods- don't load an old save. After starting a new game and you have no problems- start turning on some mods and check them again. If you are still having problems then do a re-install. :huh:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: companion, wont, follow, issue

Page loaded in: 1.025 seconds