In Creation kit, objects are transparent on one side?

Yes, i'm a "noob" . Just wondering how to make it so that certain structure objects aren't transparent on one side? because even when you go into the game they are transparent / see through. in the pictures below, you can see the stairs through the stairwell as if there is part of the structure missing. In the other picture, you can see right through the windowed wall as if it were actually transparent. Part of the reason i'm making a post here is because i'm not sure how to word it or what it's called.. as usual, all help is greatly appreciated.

http://i.imgur.com/66IHW6s.png

http://i.imgur.com/DOLVUut.png

Textures are applied only on one side in general (as most static objects are only visible from one side) . If you need it to be double sided (be aware in-game that can have performance impact) you can open the nif-file of that particular object and change the shader flags 2 and activate double sided.

CL

Textures are applied only on one side in general (as most static objects are only visible from one side) . If you need it to be double sided (be aware in-game that can have performance impact) you can open the nif-file of that particular object and change the shader flags 2 and activate double sided.

CL

is this how modders get around this using interior walls when creating a dungeon or something? or a player house?

CL

Collision would still be one sided.

You'd have to make them dual sided in external editing software

What would be a good software?

Even with the stairs? theres just that bit of trim missing at the bottom?

Any part of a mesh that ends up hidden was removed. If this is an interior build you might wanna look into matching them in such a way that there are no empty bits. If not, you'd need 3DS MAX or Blender.

Edited by Ethreon

I think you guys are over thinking this one.

If I understand the OP he's asking how dungeons are designed.

Most walls are one sided but if you hit the "M" key to show markers you'll see a green marker at the bottom or for celling tiles a small green square in the center when looking down on them. These markers are so you can move the walls and ceilings tiles.

On the walls you can use the markers to snap two tiles together back to back hiding the transparency and creating a solid wall.

I suggest poking around in some vanilla cells to see how they are put together, it's really quite simple almost like playing with lego's or tinker toys.

Most walls are one sided but if you hit the "M" key to show markers you'll see a green marker at the bottom or for celling tiles a small green square in the center when looking down on them. These markers are so you can move the walls and ceilings tiles.

Â

On the walls you can use the markers to snap two tiles together back to back hiding the transparency and creating a solid wall. Â

Â

I suggest poking around in some vanilla cells to see how they are put together, it's really quite simple almost like playing with lego's or tinker toys.Â

OK. Yah it definitely makes sense that bethesda would make this possible using their own program. I will try this. As for the stairs though, is there anything that's supposed to snap to that bit of missing Fram e?

the stairs are a bit odd they have different slopes and you need to figure out which wall goes with which stair. I haven't messed with the vault tile much but again look at how beth uses the tile you want to use.

do this,

1. open the form for the stair tile and copy it's name,
  2. paste that name into the object window search field
  3. select "All" or "Static" in the list and you'll only see the one tile you want to learn more about.
  4. right click on the stair tile in the object window and select "Use info"
  5. You'll get a new window with every cell or static collection that that tile is used in.
  6. double click on a cell that uses that tile and pick apart how beth put it together, taking note of any other related tiles that complete it properly.

I do suggest doing this in a test mod or duplicate of your cell so you don't make a bunch of "Dirty Edits" in cells that you didn't intend on editing. Although you can clean all of those edits later with FO4edit if you do this in your mod.

1. open the form for the stair tile and copy it's name,
  2. paste that name into the object window search field
  3. select "All" or "Static" in the list and you'll only see the one tile you want to learn more about.
  4. right click on the stair tile in the object window and select "Use info"
  5. You'll get a new window with every cell or static collection that that tile is used in.
  6. double click on a cell that uses that tile and pick apart how beth put it together, taking note of any other related tiles that complete it properly.

wow thank you. one last question if you don't mind. is a dirty edit the result of addnig and deleting objects?