When playing with mods, how often do you generally crash?

LuciusConfucius

How often do you crash?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you crash?

• Every half hour or more.
    • Around once an hour.
    • Once in around two to three hours or less.
    • I never crash.

Perhaps it's my ram then. Running on 8gb, but I've been thinking of upgrading. Seeing the poll I'm a bit jealous, what systems are people running with?

The problem is not the amount of normal ram, the problem is the amount of Vram (video ram) on your video card. This game is extremely poorly optimized in terms of vram spikes. Post your mod list and we might be able to offer some suggestions.

Perhaps it's my ram then. Running on 8gb, but I've been thinking of upgrading. Seeing the poll I'm a bit jealous, what systems are people running with?

The problem is not the amount of normal ram, the problem is the amount of Vram (video ram) on your video card. This game is extremely poorly optimized in terms of vram spikes. Post your mod list and we might be able to offer some suggestions.

Vram is my big challenge. I have my frame rates drop to horribly on occasion. It looks like a stop action cartoon being forwarded a frame at a time. Annoying as purgatory. Usually happens in Goodneighbor after trading with Kleo. About once a week, it doesn't recover and I have to POR.

your options are very limiting, i crash once a week if at all

Same here. Chose the third option, but really it's about once every 20 hours. It's split evenly between loading screens and open gameplay.

In my experience most crashes happen because you either have a mod that is a vram hog such as a weather mod or you have mod conflicts.

Yeah, this sounds about right.

Hello from Greece. i play Fallout 4, with all the updates and the High Resolution DLC at my low end PC. This time, i use 233, but without any new textures, that change the environment, adding trees or new grass. So, this time, the game don't crash, so many times. The game continue to crash, with or without mods, at specific areas, near Mass fusion building, or if i am at Red Rocket, or any of other areas, have, this problem. You can add, at Nexus Mod Manager, as many mods, you like, but, after a number of mods: maybe more than 240, Fallout 4, is not going to start. Someone, tell me, that we must have, a real good PC, so the game, crash, only 1 at 10 times, we play, this game. Nexus Mod Manager, tell you, if you need extra mods, when you add a mod, or you can use the Loot. i just see, if a mod, going to red, at the list, because i must add a extra mod. About Load Order, i don't think, it does any matter, but if you use, many mods, sometime, a mod or two, don't work. Just add, first, mods, that you really like, and at the end of the list, mods, you want to see, how they work, at the game. Always search and find the update of settlements Keywords mod, so you don't miss something, using the workshop. And add the SKE version of mods or some patch, that solve a problem, at the menu, using the workshop. i play Fallout 4, using the low graphics, and that, also help, so the game don't crash. if you have a good PC with a fast graphic card, you can use, more things at graphics. That's all. I hope, i help you. Have fun. Thanks.

Also, you need, more than 8 GB Ram. Search and download, the 378.66-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql for Nvidia graphic card, if you have, something like that. or update, your graphic card driver. Or, also, download the last version of Directx and PhysX

Sometimes, when a mod, add textures, that replace the old, this, make conflict with the environment, and that is another reason, the game, crash.

if you want to download, some Blueprints, you can see my page

http://peopleoffallout4.blogspot.gr/

I have over 700 hrs and have never crashed. Currently running 131 mods, half of them modeling and texture and as many 4K mods as I can find. I don't run quest mods or anything too script heavy, I think, lots of crafting mods. 4790K and 980TI at 2560 by 1440. 32GBs of ram, it was on sale. Did have to start over because of the last little update, I wasn't running the high res DLC, and the update caused infinite load screens. By the time I figured out what was wrong I had deleted the game and started over. Also I don't ever download a mod without checking the bug reports. Too many, no download.