Zorlon - Levdia

Malchik

Ford turns to Paddon.

"Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it is. We're just passing through on our way down to the... hold on, what do you mean by 'disappearances'?"

(OOC: If there's a bit of the story about disappearances I'm forgetting here and my char is meant to know about let me know and I'll edit my post :P)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Padden seems irritated. "I said that was ages ago. A couple of families living around just weren't there any more. Nobody knows where they went. The Moldo's farm was burned out. The other was just abandoned. But, Zekic was my friend, if they'd been going anywhere he'd have told me!"

Lurel resigns himself to being ignored by Padden - and maybe that is not such a bad thing. Perhaps simply observing the conversation will reveal something.

He is interested to hear that Padden claims to be Zekic's friend. Should he mention that he, too, is a friend of Zekic's?

Lurel suppresses a sigh - in their relief at leaving the woods behind and reaching the town nobody seems to have remembered to come up with an explanation for their presence. What can they say that will sound credible?

"That sounds strange," he says, in the hope that it will encourage Padden to keep talking. "Farmers don't just leave their farms, do they?"

Padden shrugs. "People up and leave - sometimes. But two families without telling anybody? A month before, Zekic and I had been for a three week hike in Branden Forest. He was telling me about the girl he thought he'd marry."

He pauses. "Maybe something happened he was ashamed of. It just didn't seem like him..."

Padden is lost in the past for a moment. He pulls himself together. "Look, nothing ever happens here. So, what do you lot want with Nurn?"

Lurel wishes he knew whether Padden can be trusted. A friend of Zekic's who used to go hiking with him in the forest - maybe he might be able to tell them why they never went near the sea...

He uses his empathy skill on the youth - perhaps it will help him decide.

"Branden Forest?", he mutters meanwhile. "We've just come through there."

He takes another sip of his ale.

Lurel's empathy tells him that there is no malice in Padden. He is clearly fishing for something romantic with Lisette but apart from over-confidence he doesn't harbour any serious frustrations there. He is bored. He was certainly telling the truth there. Strangers in Nurn must be the high point of his year!

Lurel sets his tankard back on the table, though his hands remain clasped around it to stop from fidgeting. His mind is made up. They need information, after all - and he doubts that they will get much help from Padden without revealing a little about themselves.

"You've guessed right, Padden Timberton," he addresses the youth. "We did come here for a purpose, and maybe you can help us. I guess that you know this whole area pretty well?"

Lurel wonders, though, how the youth will react to this coming from him rather than Lisette or Ford whom he seems to regard as the leaders of their party...

Lisette nods encouragingly to Padden. "We here because I need to deliver some messages for my mother." she says cheerfully. "My friends are along to keep me company. It's so boring walking alone. "

She takes a sip of her drink. "...And the reason why we'd like to know about the area is because I don't want to be surprised by anything - you know, animals and such. That happened to me when I was a child and I still have nightmares. We just came through the forest and it seemed okay, but we were thinking of taking a route that led to the coast because Midge here has never seen the sea. I wouldn't mind seeing it myself."

She slips her hand onto his knee. "Can you help us, please, and tells about the area?"

OOC> sorry i've been so long.

Midge is sitting in his corner distracted for a moment by something he had heard, Pdden and... Zekic Ahah he says thinking, Zekic mentioned a man named padden so they are friends. But i think Lurel has already established that.. but what did Zekic say about him?

Suddenly, the mention of his name takes him out of thought, he puts on a face and tries to sound as young and innocent as possible

"that's right i've never seen the sea and would dearly like to.."

Midge keeps eye contact with Padden for a reply

Archived