Zorlon - Levdia

Malchik

Lisette and Midge

Inside the tavern, the barkeep is swamped by her officious and arrogant customers. From what Lisette overhears she gathers that these are from Levdia's capital city Flen and are visiting to research the accuracy of the capital's census records. To them Nurn is the back of nowhere, whose inhabitants are next to idiots. Whilst not speaking directly to her they are also clearly laughing at Lisette's choice of clothes. Several of the men are wealthy and inclined to rub it into the noses of the locals. They are certainly not 'nice' people, though not criminals.

Snatching a moment to acknowledge Lisette, the barkeep nods. "No problem and we will supply a basic breakfast for one gold the four of you. The stew is on its way. Are your friends going to eat it cold or do they want me to keep it warm for them?"

Lurel and Ford

Outside the tavern the square is moderately busy. You notice the second girl who had been behind the bar washing the windows. A few doors away Padden is emerging from a rundown looking house. It is just beginning to get dark and candles are being lit in the premises still operating. The few market traders are on the point of closing up. You will need to be quick to get your fruit.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lisette smiles gratefully. "If you could keep their meals warm until they return, I'd appreciate it. And I'll pay you for the rooms and breakfast when you bring the stew over for myself and the boy. But gets those other folk taken care of first though. We can wait a bit for our friends; we're not in a hurry. If they come back soon, we can all eat together."

She walks back to the table and seats herself with her back to the wall. She gets out her polishes and her sword and a silver dagger. "Midge, can you help me polish my equipment while we're waiting?"

"Looks like we need to hurry," Lurel says to Ford. "Why don't you go and see if the market traders have some of the stuff we need - I think one of the stalls looks like a fruit stall - and I'll ask Padden where the best place to go for anything else is. I'll meet you over by the market stalls, all right?"

Without waiting for an answer Lurel rushes towards Padden. "Padden!"

"Oh yeah sure..."

Ford says to himself as he heads over to the fruit stall.

"Excuse me, but how much for some fresh fruit?"

He looks to the vendor.

Lurel

Padden waves you towards a small lop-sided building on the far side of the square from the tavern. He is in a hurry to get back to Lisette. "They do general provisions including dried food. Should be able to get all you want there but fresh stuff."

He disappears into the tavern.

Ford

The vendor gives you an odd look. "Depends on which fruit and how much of it you want. Apples are ten for a gold piece, pears the same, soft berries can be bought by weight. Bananas are two for a gold piece seeing as they are so hard to grow here. Grapes will go for one gold piece a bunch. They are big bunches."

He holds one up to show you.

Lisette and Midge

The public display of weaponry in the tavern causes a hush to settle over the loud Flennites. When their conversation resumes they have pointedly turned their backs to you. The barkeep brings over three plates of stew and mutters.

"You don't mind drawing attention, do you? Rooms are at the top of the stairs, use the two on the left. We don't have keys but you can push the bar across if you feel safer. We don't usually have many dangers here."

She eyes Lisette's armoury with unease. Her manner softens as she turns to Midge.

"Hey, kid, we don't have much around here for those like you. They stay on the farms, see. But one of the customers dropped this a couple of days ago, maybe you can find a use for it."

She pushes over a shiny silver whistle.

As she gets rudely called back to the bar, you notice Padden entering. He has no chocolate, indeed he looks a bit sheepish. When he sits beside Lisette he doesn't immediately say anything.

"Uhh... right..." Ford ponders wondering what fruits would be wanted. "Well I guess I'll take 10 apples and pears, aaand 3 grape bunches."

He puts the 5 gold pieces on the stall required for the goods (assuming he has this much money with him, I'll assume he has unless told otherwise :P).

After the transaction he stuffs the fruit in his backpack and any that doesnt fit, in his pockets. He looks around the market, seeing if he can see any other stalls that might sell things they need.

Lurel waves to Ford, and points at the shop Padden has pointed out to him - he hopes Ford has noticed him.

As time seems to be running out, Lurel hastens across the square to the shop.

"Good evening," he greets the shopkeeper. "I need some provisions for a hike I'm going on with my friends." He lists the items Lisette specified, then adds: "I don't know the area round here very well. Is there anything you would recommend we take along?"

Making her point that she doesn't want to be disturbed by the Flenites, Lisette quickly finishes polishing her blade and puts her things away.

"Might as well eat while it's warm, Midge." she says. She smiles at Padden in welcome and begins to eat her dinner.

Lurel

The shopkeeper smiles, he reminds you of a small furry creature. "You're going to Branden Forest? You can get lodgings if you stay near the road. If you're going deeper you'll need bedrolls, a tinderbox, maybe walking sticks. Trees are easy to climb. Maybe water bottles too. Can't think of much else."

Ford

The market is packing up. There are two stalls still open. One sells cheese and the other dried foods.

Lisette and Midge.

Padden sits beside you. "That Taffo's eaten all the chocolate. Look, I made a promise so I'll go back to the farm to get some. I'll meet you outside at dawn."

He scoffs down his stew and throws the money to pay for all of you onto the table. Once he gets an idea in his head it seems it becomes a fixation. Before you know it he has gone again.

OOC> sorry i haven't been able to log onto this site for a couple of days something was wrong....

Midge says to Lisette as they both watch padden go off to wherever

"I wish he'd stop paying for us, i know he's trying to be nice but i feel kind of bad for him...

What's with all the weaponry Lissete? as a general rule i always thought if you take out your sword you always have to cut something, to sharpen or polish them, seems to draw a little more attention than we want"

Midge's attention turns to the stew it's light brownish and yelloish texture make it look creamy,

"I remember where i used to live, people had a saying, if it's brown, drink it down, if it's black, send it back"

And with that, he picks the meat out and eats it first then devours the rest of the stew. Midge then turns to the newly arrived crowd, and says quietly to himself,

"I could drop them all in a second..."

Archived