Wheres Hoth? Male followers/Bros? Site Flooded with Girl Mods

Parkern1109

While i do agree on the fact that most followers are Female, sexy, etc, i also think people should create what they wanna create, thats what they love to create, let the authors do what they wanna do, if you wanted Male followers/bros/homies then start learning to mod cuz i don't see this "trend" going away in like.. ever.

The problem with that is that good followers (i.e. ones that are quest/location aware, have their own quests, are romanceable, etc.) aren't exactly made for the creator. What's the point in having a well-made follower if you know everything about it? There's nothing new; you know what it's going to say at every location, you know what its reaction to certain quests will be, you know what will happen during its own quests. There are no surprises, nothing to learn. It's boring.

They're made because you want to tell a story for other people to enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

About Hoth. While Hothtrooper44 has made it clear that he doesn't want anyone to port Hoth without his permission, he DID say you can do what you want with him in your own game. So, I guess I'll finally have to learn how the CK works so I can port him for my personal use.

About Hoth. While Hothtrooper44 has made it clear that he doesn't want anyone to port Hoth without his permission, he DID say you can do what you want with him in your own game. So, I guess I'll finally have to learn how the CK works so I can port him for my personal use.

In most cases, porting is relatively simple. You re-save the esp in the 64-bit CK. If there is a BSA, you unpack it and then re-pack with the 64-bit CK Archive utility. If there are meshes, you convert them. Any textures most likely do not need conversion. Audio files (for custom follower voice) do not need conversion.

Even though the Oldrim version has the face exported, it might also be wise to have a fresh face export in the 64-bit CK.

The only time where it would be difficult to port would be if there are SKSE options. But now that SKSE64 is in development, in some cases you might not have to do anything and the SKSE hooks will just work out of the box once everything is loaded.

Male followers in Skyrim (or any game) are rare; rarer still the ones that are custom voiced/have a personality/are quest aware/have quests/are location aware/are romanceable. For every male follower, including the most basic ones, there's probably 200 female ones for people to add to their in-game harem.

I'm not sure if many (or any) of the popular male followers from Skyrim will turn up in SSE, as many mod authors have left to mod other games or simply quit modding (or vanished), or else they're waiting for SKSE64 so they don't have to strip too much from the companions' features. I seriously doubt there will ever be any new ones unless there is somehow renewed interest in doing so, but that is unlikely.

If anyone is interested in Beta testing a DLC-sized quest mod (25 quests, 15 hours of game play) made for Skryim SE, with 2 custom, fully-voiced, quest-giving, MALE companions (one a 30-year old Nord warrior and the other a 9-year old kid), please send me a PM.

The mod will release November 5th, and is similar in scope to Fusion City Rising + Outcasts & Remnants from Fallout 4. Beta will be ready in 2 weeks.

There are also 2 female companions because, yeah, good luck getting many downloads without at least some eye candy for the majority of male users.

Disclaimer: i am just a fan and have nothing to do with the mod itself

I agree with the comments. Just want to add a really great female character that is not a beauty mod. Rigmor. Currently traveling with her. The story is a piece of ART.

I loved that mod. One of the best Skyrim mods out there. But the problem with Rigmor, is that once her (massive) quest is done, and we get on to deal Alduin and the factions, she's just like every other Vanilla follower. Repeated canned dialog that has zero immersion.