New design constructive feedback

Dark0ne

Why are you modifying the mods section of the site to 'optimize' browsing on a cellphone? I can't play any of the games on my phone so chances are good I'm never going to come here on said phone. Do you have metrics that says people are visiting on their phones and actually downloading mods on said phone? Is there a version of the mod manager for my phone that I can browse the site on my phone, download the mod and automagically have it installed on my desktop in the other room/at home?

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you modifying the mods section of the site to 'optimize' browsing on a cellphone? I can't play any of the games on my phone so chances are good I'm never going to come here on said phone. Do you have metrics that says people are visiting on their phones and actually downloading mods on said phone? Is there a version of the mod manager for my phone that I can browse the site on my phone, download the mod and automagically have it installed on my desktop in the other room/at home?

Old mobile website is a pile of crap and yet it has 20% ratio from mobile. I wonder why mobile is now considered too..

Is there a version of the mod manager for my phone that I can browse the site on my phone, download the mod and automagically have it installed on my desktop in the other room/at home?

We certainly plan to have that functionality in Vortex.

And you're not interested in feedback about the new design anyway. You're just looking for absolution.

Made a thread for feedback, but not interested in feedback. Doesn't really compute, does it? I'm not sure you know what absolution means, either.

I like how snappy the pages/tabs etc seem to load now. It was an ordeal before, compared to this. Only thing that bothers me is that now, on the main page, in the top or when you browse mods, you don't see when they were updated but only when they were released. Which is not that helpful.

On each mods page it shows when it was last updated underneath the first screenshot but this information would be super helpful in the browsing pages as well; some mods have been around, and updated, since the beginning of a game and it's almost necessary to know that an old mod is still being updated (without having to click on it) or you may just overlook it as 'old and buggy'.

Constructive criticism... hmm. The new layout is like trying to read a large print book; everything is just so overwhelmingly large like someone set the fov to 40. If I ctrl-mousewheel out things get better but then the mod description font is too small and I don't want to change my browser font size for one website. If you could shrink the ui (including menu/page number font) by 10-20% I think it would still be too large but not overwhelmingly so. Once I click on a mod and go to its page even the description font is too large and I can comfortably shrink the whole page on my own without the font being difficult to read.

Edited by 818619

Personally, I don't think there's anything visually wrong with the new design; I quite like it. It shows a lot more information without having to load pages like the old design. Everything on the new design just looks a hell of a lot cleaner and clearer. One thing I would ask that you do is change "Nexus home" to "Nexus Home"; for some reason I can't stand looking at the "home" bit uncapitalised. :D

This new website design looks like it was designed by the people who did windows 10. And not in a good way.

Filters from mod searches are no longer applied globally, if you want to turn off certain mods with a tag, you'll have to dig through 2 separate menus to make what should be a simple change.

Certain changes in the account settings takes 2-5 seconds to change....for...every...little...item.

Overly large graphics decrease the utility of the website. This is a mod search website, not a mod display website, displaying large images from the mod should be reserved for the individual mod pages, not the front page and no one like unnecessarily scrolling through 6 pages of annoyingly large graphics when 2 pages will do.

Which brings me to my next point, all those large graphics cause everything to sllllooooow downnnnnn because it has to load every large graphic asset. Which is bad....very bad. Especially for those who have poor connections or are about to because net neutrality is about to go down the drain. The front page and the mod search/display pages show be very lean on graphics so they are more responsive, not bogged down because the website tried to cram in every pixel that it could. It takes about 12 second to switch between the tabs on the front page. This is horrible web design.

I am not alone in my conclusions, and even if you dislike what I have to say, the points are still valid. Many companies and organizations have reversed unpopular policies due to public disapproval. Please turn it back, your users/server mainframe/bandwidth and fingers will thank you.

the new design will take some getting used to. its overly complicated and changing it feels like trying to fix something that is not and was not broken. also its is getting very frustrating to have "Life can change in an instant" repeating every 10 seconds and constantly redirecting your page away to the top or bottom when your trying to read mod info. also the old layout has begun auto sithching to the new layout randomly and the new layout is laggy as hell even on my beast of a PC and a 250mbs connection. love the site but i hate the changes.

It have to be hard work and take many hours to create a new Website and I hate to hate the new Design, but I was totally satisfied with the old one. And now it´s hard for me to find anything.

It is especially hard for me to figure out (if it is not named correctly) wich version of an uploaded mod is the main file. There used to be a gap between the newer versions and the old version of a mod. Now there isn't...

If we are not getting the good old Nexus back, please consider to highlight somehow the main file of a mod.

Edited by Saldin666

It have to be hard work and take many hours to create a new Website and I hate to hate the new Design, but I was totally satisfied with the old one. And now it´s hard for me to find anything.

It is especially hard for me to figure out (if it is not named correctly) wich version of an uploaded mod is the main file. There used to be a gap between the newer versions and the old version of a mod. Now there isn't...

If we are not getting the good old Nexus back, please consider to highlight somehow the main file of a mod.

http://prntscr.com/hgagl8

Could probably use a colour change, maybe green/orange.