Hi buddies,

I'm playing SE and I crave for altering my female characters. Everybody speaks about racemenu but it`s for Skyrim.

I've tossed around other options, found ECE (Enhanced Characters Edit) but, although my Wire Bash says everything is ok, the game won't load. I disable ECE mod and then the game loads and works as a fiddle.

What is the problem?

Is there any option to install old racemenu in SE?

Also interested on doing the same with the following mods,

HDT Physics Extension
I Love Cleavage for CBBE w/ HDT
HDT Breast & Butt Physics

The author of Racemenu has an alpha on github for Skyrim SE. He's not releasing it just yet and is still working on putting more features into it. You can go to Racemenu on the Skyrim LE nexus page and find his link to it under the posts. There's a big description which states. SSE Update!

If it was working, would Racemenu have about the same ability of Looksmenu to alter the player or NPCs via the console in both the vanilla game and mods?

Not in and of itself, but once racemenu is fully ported there are mods that use it as a sort of framework and allow you to edit npcs. Like the mimic plugin for racemenu, it makes the player take on the appearance of that npc and then you can sculpt and export and then use the ck to replace the npc. That's pretty much the closest method for skyrim. The way Bethesda made the vanilla menu, it would require hundreds of hours of scripting just to get a mod that resembles Fallouty 4's Looksmenu functionality. Taking factors like game engine and limitations of the script extender itself, which are huge hurdles themselves, it can be done but it would take a considerable amount of time and effort and possibly a team of really experienced veteran modders. Which is a lot of time and effort, considering there's not much payout (if any) or any support from Bethesda on the matter. Sorry for the long reply lol

Racemenu is actually more powerful than Looksmenu.. Here's how... You can alter bodies, textures, hair and add tattoos etc... However, it adds things other mods use on body altercation during live events from making bellies bigger to allowing certain animations to play better. You can look at Skyrim LE as an example. Racemenu is no joke. There is a major reason why people really want it in there game because of the power it can produce for character creativity and what it allows other mods to do.

I wanted to know because I enjoy the ability of Looksmenu to alter some of my favorite Fallout 4 companions such as Heather, R4-04, Piper, and Cait. For Skyrim SE, I might want to change some of my mod companions such as Vilja, Sophia, M'rissi, Auri, Zora, Rumarin, etc.... I always stay away from the vanilla companions in Skyrim because they are so very limited compared to the super companion mods. It might be fun to try out pale blue eyes for Inigo. So as long as Racemenu can do that it sounds like a welcome addition to Skyrim SE.

Yes, Racemenu is great and a must have for character-creation. I'm still waiting for the release. I miss the ability to save my characters, face-genes like i did in Oldrim.

But i can understand that a such tool need lot of work.

In the meantime i use ECE in my playthroughs right now, it's doing well for me, and has some of the so needed functionatilites and feature. Export doesn't work yet nor.

Race menu is hands down one of my favorite mods from oldrim. It was definitely one of the mods that made me want to play the game for pc way back then. I'm a sucker for detailed character customization options/sliders so it was perfect. They are still working on a SE version and I have no doubt when it is ready it will be awesome.

ECE for now is really good though, I can save my character creations in the slots and edit pretty much most of what I want on the face in fine detail.

• 2 months later...